Wireless HDMI solution

Reaction score
I am currently using the HDMI module but dislike using the cord to connect to the monitor. I'm looking for a way to transmit the HDMI output to a receiver that can be plugged into the HDMI input of a TV or monitor. My client needs to monitor the image but the cord is a major problem. I don't need much range, 50' would do just fine. I have found a few things for home use, but a I need a truly portable solution for the transmitter. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Art

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am currently using the HDMI module but dislike using the cord to connect to the monitor. I'm looking for a way to transmit the HDMI output to a receiver that can be plugged into the HDMI input of a TV or monitor. My client needs to monitor the image but the cord is a major problem. I don't need much range, 50' would do just fine. I have found a few things for home use, but a I need a truly portable solution for the transmitter. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Art

Sent from my XT1254 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I use chromecast and my nvidia shield tablet to cast wireless to a monitor, But you will need wifi for it to work.

I found a few wireless HDMI setups on Amazon. However, one review mentioned that they didn't work well in an office environment, due to signal interference.

These units appear to operate on the 5.8GHz band. Therefore, they will most likely cause interference to the signal coming back from the drone.

Broadcast supply carries commercial broadcast encoders, which would transmit the signal via Wifi or cellular modem. However, these encoders appear to be in the $6,000 plus price range.

Might want to play with live streaming. I'm sure there is some way to setup a private streaming channel on YouTube or other services.

Rob

I found a few wireless HDMI setups on Amazon. However, one review mentioned that they didn't work well in an office environment, due to signal interference.

These units appear to operate on the 5.8GHz band. Therefore, they will most likely cause interference to the signal coming back from the drone.

Broadcast supply carries commercial broadcast encoders, which would transmit the signal via Wifi or cellular modem. However, these encoders appear to be in the $6,000 plus price range.

Might want to play with live streaming. I'm sure there is some way to setup a private streaming channel on YouTube or other services.

Rob
Drone use only 2.4 GHz. It was Phantom 1 and 2 that used 5.8 GHz and in general most of FPV drones too.
This is even worst for an office environment were Wifi will be everywhere.

I use chromecast and my nvidia shield tablet to cast wireless to a monitor, But you will need wifi for it to work.
I think there is enough issue with the video transmission of the phantom and if you use the HDMI to do FPV, I would not be you when you pilot your P3 and somebody turn on a micro wave oven or other source of perturbation. I personally prefer to use a flex HDMI cable. They are not that easy to found and I use one that come with the Vufine google (Ultra Thin Vufine HDMI Cable). Not that cheap but the most flexible I have seen up to now.

Can someone please tell me which mini adapter works with Vufine on nvidia Shield tablet? I've tried 2 separate brands and no video. Could I be doing something wrong?

Can someone please tell me which mini adapter works with Vufine on nvidia Shield tablet? I've tried 2 separate brands and no video. Could I be doing something wrong?
Maybe it is need to get a 720p video out of the table to be compatible with Vufine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl