Windsurfer on ARGtek mod

@mcphipps If the wire ends both were 90* fittings it would fit great. These wires they gave me are super stiff. I will get one on later and take a pic

Yes, it won't fit even when the wires are coiled. It puts a lot of pressure against it and pushes it crooked. I was thinking about drilling the top of the bar..maybe that will work?....I have today off so I am going to mess with it. My inspire mount came also...having second thoughts.. I really don't want to drill but i know when I have it all aparr I am going to. Maybe I'll have my wife hide the drill

I do believe that those wire can be bought with 90s on them like you were saying.

Yes, it won't fit even when the wires are coiled. It puts a lot of pressure against it and pushes it crooked. I was thinking about drilling the top of the bar..maybe that will work?....I have today off so I am going to mess with it. My inspire mount came also...having second thoughts.. I really don't want to drill but i know when I have it all aparr I am going to. Maybe I'll have my wife hide the drill
Really interested in the differences... I already have the inspire mounted, so I already had to drill once :) And the slow-yaw switch is coming my way too, so there's another hole to drill...
Keep me up-to-date please! :)

Just did the Inspire mount...super easy. I made the pilot hole the finished with a 7/32" bit and threaded mount into plastic. I made 3 different inserts and didn't even use them lol. Going to drop the kid off at school then figure out where I want to put the 3 holes for the DBS wires. Any suggestions or pics of some different areas on the remote to mount??.

x11freak I will definitely keep you up to date and include pics.
8e9416de9a9219bb16db05dcecbd80c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mcphipps
Just in case anyone wanted to see inside the ARGTek connector bar here it is.... I wanted to see how cheap the inside was....
35af65b72dd9d3619bfdb8a49d624d38.jpg

Really interested in the differences... I already have the inspire mounted, so I already had to drill once :) And the slow-yaw switch is coming my way too, so there's another hole to drill...
Keep me up-to-date please! :)
Here it is all done....really easy I just took my time. I got the caps from work and some other stuff to make a launch pad lol....also made a plug for the antenna hole
56740c4225e688499521c341a5edd879.jpg
faa7c46253a2ca7e99c9435640e62f25.jpg
5aeb0ec07657ecd8c93f371871cf530f.jpg
e2e0a10a3a27ed984ebfdcd97ca5a446.jpg
f0d3f701037aeee759d5db7f361a54b7.jpg
f15225e3cfa0ed4074c850f5363f1a26.jpg
104b3c309bdc9dbc28ea952fcdf00c8b.jpg
196c9aa926d013a590d20842c502e23a.jpg
839af52ae0f4e666856a237fd100bd78.jpg

Oh and I got the mount to fit in my case on the controller
e9d5618fc841bd9a0d20c3cb61ee88f8.jpg
0c5224e37cf88e2d6596ab75a4c9eda1.jpg

WOW @Procharged97 , you really did a nice job! Still in doubt if I'd replace my ARGtek with the dbs mod... Let me know how the flight tests are! :)

So the consensus here is that the surfer didn't do anything and the ARGtek is just as good as stock with surfer? Cuz I just ordered it… and I'm getting 2.8km stock with surfer. Wasted my money?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So the consensus here is that the surfer didn't do anything and the ARGtek is just as good as stock with surfer? Cuz I just ordered it… and I'm getting 2.8km stock with surfer. Wasted my money?

Seems like the windsurfer on an argtek antenna has no impact... (probably since the argtek already is a directional antenna)... I never tried a windsurfer on stock antenna though.
I hope the argtek will perform better than stock with windsurfer for you... I only had 700m with my P3S (and argtek). Still need to do more tests though... only had the chance to test once (during very cloudy weather conditions).
If the dbsmod for @Procharged97 makes a huge difference, I'll probably order one too...

Thanks I'll updated once it's here and tested
And I just checked my order and it states that the 5.8 is an omni antenna. If that's the case then in theory the surfer should be helping it…(theory)

Last edited:
:D
WOW @Procharged97 , you really did a nice job! Still in doubt if I'd replace my ARGtek with the dbs mod... Let me know how the flight tests are! :)
Hopefully it is nice this weekend so I can test it out...supposedly we might get snow....again...I hate this weather. This morning before I went to work I put the Phantom on my deck (12 feet high) and walked thru the woods (dense)....I made it all the way to the pond way behind my house!!! when I did this with the ARGTek I didn't make it that far and screen would disconnect or flicker bad. I know this isn't a good way to test but it was too cold and windy to fly and I was anxious to see if there was a difference. I really do like this setup a lot better than the ARGTek in the way it looks, how fast it is to setup and not having to move the antennas, it just looks bad *** on there.. so for me it was well worth the $$$ for that alone plus I can put boosters if I want, not sure if you can boost the ARGTek....So if anyone wants to buy my ARGTek (Blue proton) setup let me know lol :D. @x11freak what is your current setup? have any pics?

2016-03-26 16.30.05.jpg

:D
Hopefully it is nice this weekend so I can test it out...supposedly we might get snow....again...I hate this weather. This morning before I went to work I put the Phantom on my deck (12 feet high) and walked thru the woods (dense)....I made it all the way to the pond way behind my house!!! when I did this with the ARGTek I didn't make it that far and screen would disconnect or flicker bad. I know this isn't a good way to test but it was too cold and windy to fly and I was anxious to see if there was a difference. I really do like this setup a lot better than the ARGTek in the way it looks, how fast it is to setup and not having to move the antennas, it just looks bad *** on there.. so for me it was well worth the $$$ for that alone plus I can put boosters if I want, not sure if you can boost the ARGTek....So if anyone wants to buy my ARGTek (Blue proton) setup let me know lol :D. @x11freak what is your current setup? have any pics?

Nothing special yet... just the standard controller with inspire mount and argtek... not really worth the pictures lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT