Wind

I've been along the coast and over the new high school at country walk. But as you say weather been bad. I actually took off from my back garden went over the new houses at Rothes rd and back. Did panick a wee bit. Only had phantom advanced since last summer.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have flown my p4 in gusting winds of 40-60 km/h. Performed poi video with 120m radius at 50m Hieght with no issues. Although you you could see it fighting the wind. The gimble kept the image perfectly level

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Somewhere in Romania at -12 degrees Celsius against a wind of 54 km per hour. I love my Phantom 4! djiP4.jpg

I agree with all the above comments.

I have flown in quite strong and gusty winds. My biggest problem seemed to be take off. More than once I have started it up and its been blown over. So I tend to find shelter then quickly take off and gain height.

So always fly into the wind going. If your worried about the props being in the shot then fly backwards. In post production you simply reverse the video. Simplies. :cool:

More than once I have started it up and its been blown over. So I tend to find shelter then quickly take off and gain height.
Yes, using a wind break is advised for takeoff. Mastering the skill of hand launch can help in windy days also, if you can't find a wind break. However you really need a neck harness to aid holding the RC while you slide the launch bar in the Go4 app. Pulling the 2 sticks together and down is doable with one hand too, but the app auto launch is easier since the drone automatically flies up about 8' and then hovers for you to take over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez