Will we ever get a bugfree P4P?

Reaction score
So tired of this, and so tired of running in and out of the dealers door to replace the units.

This has been a bug with all the P4P units ive had.
Records home point on ground, system is all good, gps rec is good, then 5-15m up in the air it starts to go bananas, and you better always be prepared to take over in ATTI mode.
Yes, im sure its not interference, and the gps signal is good, it even say so in the gps bar.
IMUs have been calibrated over and over again, and always after update.
Had 6 jobs today, and it happened on 3 of them, on 3 totally different locations.

Others than me?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does this consistently happen at specific locations, but not others? Or if you go back to the same sites, do the results vary? Does the problem eventually resolve itself (or through a restart, etc) at a site, or do you have to fly in ATTI mode the whole time? If it does resolve itself, how long does it take?

You need to maybe make contact with someone else in the area with a Phantom. I've had mine give errors but always compass errors and usually those are from something in the environment.

I've never had an IMU error like that so far. *knocks on wood*

Does this consistently happen at specific locations, but not others? Or if you go back to the same sites, do the results vary? Does the problem eventually resolve itself (or through a restart, etc) at a site, or do you have to fly in ATTI mode the whole time? If it does resolve itself, how long does it take?

It resolves itself, you can also see it in the video, it enters ATTI, and then back again after 15-30 secs.
It happens regardless of any spesific location, its all just random.
In one of the incidents i disregarded the message and just kept it manually in pos, then after a little while gps pos comes back on, and it ALWAYS happens just after takeoff, not 1m off the ground, but 10-15m, which also makes it less likely there are any junk around causing it, cause then it would have given the error at ground...

Dang man! I didn't know you were having these kind of issues with P4P's. I have not had any issues with losing GPS yet that is! Still got a little gimble twitching here and there.

So tired of this, and so tired of running in and out of the dealers door to replace the units.

This has been a bug with all the P4P units ive had.
Records home point on ground, system is all good, gps rec is good, then 5-15m up in the air it starts to go bananas, and you better always be prepared to take over in ATTI mode.
You said it goes bananas. Do you mean you see a compass error which triggered ATTI, right? I assume you calibrated the compass before flying, right?

Have you looked at your flight log and showed it to DJI? If this is something they have seen before they might have a suggestion, or simply want to swap the craft under warranty if you're past the ability to swap with the dealer. I just picked up a p4p last Sunday and mine seems to work great so far after 7 flights. I'm flying more this weekend to shake down the craft a little more.

You said it goes bananas. Do you mean you see a compass error which triggered ATTI, right? I assume you calibrated the compass before flying, right?

Have you looked at your flight log and showed it to DJI? If this is something they have seen before they might have a suggestion, or simply want to swap the craft under warranty if you're past the ability to swap with the dealer. I just picked up a p4p last Sunday and mine seems to work great so far after 7 flights. I'm flying more this weekend to shake down the craft a little more.

Showed log to Dji, or swap under warranty? You make me laugh, im done wasting my time on Dji housewives support, the best support is the one you can get from other users, everything else is nonsense, sadly.
I never calibrate the compass, theres no need to anymore, temporary compass errors have nothing to do with calibration.

Another thing that bugs me, is that the craft is very nervous even in mild breeze, 2-4 m/s, looks like a Christmas decoration dangling in a rope.
Also, if i descend while flying forward, the props makes an uneven sound, rpm rapidly changes up and down, you know that sound similar to when you crank your car?
Anyone else?
Never had these problems with any of the previous Phantoms...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan