Will "Phantom 3 - Hardshell Backpack" hold the P4?

DJI is putting out a new backpack mid June for the Phantom 4

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If i opt for a back pack, it will be the lowe pro drone pack. Use their camera bags and love them. The incorporated rain bag is great!

Nope at least not without serious modifications. Try DJI's Phantom Multifuntion Backpack (Semi-hardshell) or the soft Phantom Backpack (custom Manfrotto). Or a 3rd party pack, like a GoProfessional.

Agreed. I kept my P3 Hardshell backpack with the expectation of slightly tweaking it to go with the P4. Ultimately i decided the only way i could make it work would be to use the shell, but remove the P3 styrofoam and try pick-n-pluck foam around the P4. I ultimately went another direction because i wasn't sure i'd be happy with the results.

I use a 1620 pelican with the pluck foam. Works good for airline travel. Have room for another battery or two.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1460693693.571085.jpg

One of the Chinese companies are claiming a new type 3 styrofoam insert in their Hardshell cases and state in their ad that it's new for the P4

75aa9ae19911c0f2407743fc034a8c39.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Got these from another post in here

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I managed to get a pure leather sleeve for the phantom 4 box that comes with the phantom 4. Works pretty good for me.

Attachments

• 1463001329207.jpg
    1463001329207.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 463
  • 1463001426965.jpg
    1463001426965.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 1463001455736.jpg
    1463001455736.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 473
Did you have to cut out any foam for the copter itself or just for RC? How about holes for the batteries?
For the copter I had to cut the notches for the lens cap/gimbal holder on each side. For the most part the phantom fit in there pretty good. For the batteries I had to expand the holes on two sides to get them to fit. I didn't have to cut as deep because these batteries are a little shorter. For the third battery up top I really has to cut a lot to get it to fit. For the controller I had to cut quite a bit too. I really wanted to have my controller standing upright as opposed to on its side like the case was designed. I just used an exacto knive to make all my cuts. I have seen foam cutter out there but I didn't want to spend money on a case that I was repurposing to save money. The knife got the job done.

Did you have to cut out any foam for the copter itself or just for RC? How about holes for the batteries?
I purchased the Chinese off brand that someone posted previously. I trimmed or melted to reform the corners where the landing gear goes in. I cut to allow the gimbal clamps to fit. I trimmed out the 3 battery slots and the front so my iPad mini and sun shade would fit and deepened the holes where top closes over the motors Took me about 15mins for everything. Works great for the price. I like it because I can carry 1batt in the bird and 3 extra. The hot knife I bought off of Amazon made it real easy.

Thanks guys. I also have chinese backpack ($60CAD shipped) I bought 2 years ago and was using for P2V+. The RC shape of P3 and P4 is very different and I don't like how motor shaft are sticking out into the foam cover. I have to cover them with plastic caps, the they don't penetrate through the foam. I'll see how P4 fits in the backpack once I get it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl