Will a Phantom 3 advanced camera fit the p3 4k model?

Reaction score
The 4k camera has been damaged heavily after a crash.
Now i;m able to buy a p3 advanced camera/gimbal for a good price.
Wil this cam fit the p3 4k?

If not maybe there;s still an option to use the electrical parts from the 4k camera and only use the mechanism (gimbal arm etc.) of the p3 adv camera.

No. Only the P34K camera is compatible with the P34K.

Last option for me is to use the electrical parts from p3 4k camera and only use mechanics and motor parts of the advanced. I will try this if no one is 100% sure that this will not work as well.

Is the flat cable of both camera's the same?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, the P34K, P3A, and P3P share the same gimbal ribbon cable.

Thanks for the info, than I will try the P3 advanced physics/motors with p3 4k electonics with a new flat cable.
Fingers crossed :|

Thanks,
Sven

Yes, i've combined both broken cameras to a single working one.
One issue after assembling the parts was that the camera was pointing to the right so the landing gear was on camera.
Calibration of the gimbal and imu as well as a firmware update did not solved the issue.
The only solution was to mount the yaw arm a little bit to the left on the axis.
Only way to do this was with some twisted stripped cable between the flat side of the axis and the whole of the yaw arm.
Without this as the solution the screw was forcing the yaw arm back in position of the flat side of the axis. If you understand what i mean...

I had the same problem and i solved it. Look at my thread :)
This is the magnetic ring on the shaft on the yaw motor. You have to turn it a few degrees but be carful not to break the ring as even if it seems to be made of metal, it is a ferrite ring. Thank you for your feedback

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl