Why this messages?

Reaction score
IMG_0785.PNG

Last edited:
That is a scary message.

Reactions: Cactus Wren
Yee,buth nothing's wrong! Got this during flight!! Why??

Now that a image was edited in it helps.

My always honest opinion to the question is.... It's probably due to have the most recent firmware loaded in your aircraft. Version 1.9.6 has been responsible for several issues since released. I have never seen that before. But I would have to say if it is in deed a legit warning message, then the only possibility I can think of would a bent or not straight prop.

In order to to understand this warning I would need to check the data on the DAT file.

*EDIT: Now that I paid more attention and see you in fact mentioned this appeared while in flight I have a little different opinion. You likely could have had a loose prop that was able to tighten itself up again while in flight. You then check and think nothing is wrong.

I personally use the prop tool to tighten my props on each motor. It would be next to impossible for one of them to come off. I do not want to fly thinking that when I left off from full throttle that one of my props may spin off. Or if I hit something rare while flying. People use to say that you do not need to tighten the props, and should be ok by just doing so by hand tightening. Well I'm not a Woulda-Coulda type of flyer. I want the piece of mind knowing the props wont be coming off in any situation with my aircraft, and they haven't.

Last edited:
Yee,buth nothing's wrong! Got this during flight!! Why??
It's a false alarm that is seen occasionally.
If your Phantom is flying normally, you did not have a loose or missing prop.

Don't use any tool to tighten props, they only need to be finger firm.
Damaging the nylon threads from over-tightening is a more serious concern.
The tool DJI provide is for removing a stuck prop - not for tightening them.

Reactions: Lennart wiklund
It's a false alarm that is seen occasionally.
If your Phantom is flying normally, you did not have a loose or missing prop.

Don't use any tool to tighten props, they only need to be finger firm.
Damaging the nylon threads from over-tightening is a more serious concern.
The tool DJI provide is for removing a stuck prop - not for tightening them.

Hey did you see that...."finger firm". When you contradict someone it's never a good thing. Also, everything you mentioned is speculation. Dji has never documented the tool as a remove only tool. Nor have they listed any wording on how the tool is to be used.

I received my P3P on about May 6th 2015. I tightened my props snug and to the point of just before popping a thread. I used the same technique on my P2V+'s. Anyway, I have the same props on my P3P since day one. One thing is for sure, as harsh as it may sound, my P3P is mine, and I will always do what I want with it.

* I will add that it is easy to over tighten the props using any kind of tool able to do the job. Also, even if a thread doesn't pop, it also possible to run the motor bolt up through the top of the prop. If you were to attempt doing this, you really should use extreme caution. I say this only because I have popped threads and ran the motor bolt out the top cap. I had to screw up a couple props before I knew there was a limit.

Last edited:
This could be a software glitch too but in general this means that one of the motors was detected drawing low current with respect to the average load current.

Reactions: Lennart wiklund
everything you mentioned is speculation. Dji has never documented the tool as a remove only tool. Nor have they listed any wording on how the tool is to be used.
As is so often the case, DJI documentation isn't as clear as it should be.
But here are some points from DJI's documentation that back up what I said:
Wherever DJI list the tool or wrench they call it a prop removal tool
i-SfZ5VMh-L.jpg

The manual specially makes mention of tightening the props by hand:

i-QwRBx5T-L.jpg

After hundreds of safe flights with props just finger firm, I can confirm that this does not cause any problem.
Discussion with DJI staff also confirms that no tool is required to properly tighten the propellers.
But the nylon threads are easily stripped on the metal threads of the motor stubs if you use a tool to provide leverage.
Protection of your prop threads is of critical importance whereas unnecessarily over-tightening the props is not.
* I will add that it is easy to over tighten the props using any kind of tool able to to the job. Also, even if a thread doesn't pop, it also possible to run the motor bolt up through the top of the prop. If you were to attempt doing this, you really should use extreme precaution. I say this only because I have popped threads and ran the motor bolt out the top cap. I had to screw up a couple props before I knew there was a limit.
Nuff said

I do the same and never have had an issue.

Hey did you see that...."finger firm". When you contradict someone it's never a good thing. Also, everything you mentioned is speculation. Dji has never documented the tool as a remove only tool. Nor have they listed any wording on how the tool is to be used.

I received my P3P on about May 6th 2015. I tightened my props snug and to the point of just before popping a thread. I used the same technique on my P2V+'s. Anyway, I have the same props on my P3P since day one. One thing is for sure, as harsh as it may sound, my P3P is mine, and I will always do what I want with it.

* I will add that it is easy to over tighten the props using any kind of tool able to do the job. Also, even if a thread doesn't pop, it also possible to run the motor bolt up through the top of the prop. If you were to attempt doing this, you really should use extreme caution. I say this only because I have popped threads and ran the motor bolt out the top cap. I had to screw up a couple props before I knew there was a limit.

I think someone needs to admit that they misspoke.

I think someone needs to admit that they misspoke.
I agree Gary . I have over 500 long flights with my P3'S and can't even count the flights with all the P2'S I've had .
Have never did any thing but finger tighten my props .Never had any issues .
You do what you feel comfortable doing and let it go at that .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl