Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

WHY DON'T YOU JUST PUT ON THE VR GOGGLES AND USE THE TOUCHLESS CONTROLS? SEE THE VIDEO HERE:

FPV Goggles

I have two VR goggle sets. I do like the clear screen experience specially when it is unaffected by bright sunlight. However I have stopped using it after 3 times.

It is tedius because here are the steps I do:
1. Put smartphone on RC Controller
2. Check settings
3. Take off
4. Put smartphone onto VR goggle
5. Fly (8 mins)
5.1 sometimes I take off the goggle because i don't feel safe or want to visually check that I am not flying over a hill or building and worry the signal will be blocked.
5.2 Fly back
6. Take off goggle
7. Put onto RC holder
8. Land

4,6 alone probably waste me 1.5mins of flight time. So I am too lazy these days.

One feature FPV Cam all has too is you can use your C2 button to switch to your iPhone camera. The HooToo and VR goggles have a door that slides open and then you view line of sight through your iPhone camera. Pretty cool

With fpv cam/goggles is there anyway to get rid of the map for a cleaner view
Especially if just flying around in close proximity
Thanks

I have two pair of the cheap vr goggles. One doesn't really seem better than the other. I use litchi vr mode. It is pretty much the only way I fly anymore it's quite easy taking off and flying wherever you want. I go as far and as close as I want it really makes it easier to fly. I learned to watch the distance away I am that makes it easier to fly it back home. Just keep flying the direction your going if the feet keep getting closer.

Reactions: Lyle Hardin
With fpv cam/goggles is there anyway to get rid of the map for a cleaner view
Especially if just flying around in close proximity
Thanks
The upcoming FPV Camera v3.0 allows toggling On/Off navigation map in goggles mode. It will also support 4:3 for larger/taller goggles side-by-side display.

Reactions: Toph
Wished both screen are identical(map/menu) . Same with the line of sight view, display view on right screen would make it a lot nicer to view. I am liking the app so far.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like to see the GPS coordinates displayed in goggle mode. And maybe a screen shot mode that would be nice

I use an iPhone 6+ in mine. I have the HooToo goggles but they are identical to those VR Box goggles that he posted above.

So I ended up getting these:
http://www.amazon.com/Tepoinn®-Glas...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

They are pretty nice, the hinge seems a little flimsy though.

On the ones that you have can you adjust the distance and I assume all of the ones the lenses do not adjust independently? I know how far apart from each other they are you can adjust, but I mean how far from the screen they lenses are, can you adjust these independently? Does that make sense?

Also have you seen this app:
3D FPV - Stereoscopic 3D VR viewing! For DJI Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 on the App Store

Looks interesting you can adjust yaw by moving your head and also it can fill the screen which would be ideal for my situation since my iphone 5S screen is small. But not much feedback on the forums on it.

Thanks

dmark, I actually wish I had bought that one. I have two now and altered my HooToo for single screen view but wish I could adjust the distance to tweak it for other people to put on. I can adjusted the lenses a bit but I think it may be better to also be able to move the phone since I think this one has more range of movement than my lenses do back and forth. Make sure anything you get has IPD adjustment as well. That spacing between your eyes can be critical and varies a bit between people. Ironically the Samsung Gear which I kind of wanted doesn't seem to have IPD adjustment as far as I can tell.

Because resolution is terrible. Even if the drone sent back 4K video, and you stuck that 1 inch from your face it would look like 720p. So imagine how 720p looks inches from your face. Goggles will be the future when they have insane resolution. Until then putting goggles on your face so you can stare at blurry blobs is a waste of time. Another year or two.

Because resolution is terrible. Even if the drone sent back 4K video, and you stuck that 1 inch from your face it would look like 720p. So imagine how 720p looks inches from your face. Goggles will be the future when they have insane resolution. Until then putting goggles on your face so you can stare at blurry blobs is a waste of time. Another year or two.

You've clearly never tried it. This is misinformed and bad info. The lenses move independently (forward, back, and side to side) and the image is sharp and clear. No blurriness here

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart