Why isn't the FPV app with the goggles popular?

Reaction score
I see a lot of people until now opening threads on how to se FPV goggles such as the VR box and asking about litchi or ways to split the screen. I even see people buying those over priced Google cardboard boxes for $20 lol

I have been using the FPV app with goggle mode for about 6 months now. It's an amazing experience and makes flying and shooting footage so much easier. I use a pair of China made goggles similar to the VR box I found on eBay for $15. I fit my iPhone 6 in there and launch the FPV app and it's gets going. The giggle mode was an extra add on that cost a few bucks but it's really worth it and I really love it. I just don't see much talk about it, not sure if people are completely unaware of it.

The app itself is very functional and allows you to rotate the camera using ur head which is pretty cool, also allows you to customize the telemetry. It also has a map on the bottom left that shows you which way you are pointing your RC. I seriously give this app 5 stars. I really hated flying using my iPhone mounted with the sunlight in my face. What do you guys think?

Loved it. But I would wake up unconscious with a missing wallet and pants. Bystanders said I was hit with a baseball bat and others said I walked into a stationary car and fell on a baseball bat.

The problem is that it's illegal in some countries to use goggles.

I'd like to try it eventually..... I wonder if ppl feel like me like the tech wasn't really decent yet, I see according to you, the technology works, which is great!

I with you man. I have the HooToo goggles and use the FPV Camera app with it (with iPhone 6+) and it's incredible. I love the VR mode and being able to tilt the camera by just looking down. And the OSD options are fully customizable. It's an awesome experience to feel like you are in the cockpit of the Phantom. And you don't need HDMI. I too have been surprised not to see more talk about it. I've mentioned it in a couple posts on here but it doesn't seem like many are doing it. And the ones who are, for some reason seem to go the $100 HDMI adapter route with several hundred spent on goggles.

For those who haven't tried it, I definitely recommend giving it a shot. It's a small investment for a way to try a completely new/different experience. I still use my tablet often. But I like having the goggles in my bag as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm definitely interested in this. Is it the $5 fpv app from ios app store?

The fpv camera app is only IOS so far. So there goes half the people.
Litchi has it for droid but very little telemetry.

If Go App with full telemetry was available I think more people would try it.

Yes it is + $7.99 for FPV Goggles in-app option.
FPV Camera for DJI on the App Store
It shows $5 according to what I'm seeing
491d6ed60dd2e9f01eed71037af7356f.jpg

It shows $5 according to what I'm seeing
491d6ed60dd2e9f01eed71037af7356f.jpg

You need to scroll down and there is a line that says In-App Purchases. Tap on it and it shows you additional features that you need to buy to unlock. One of them is FPV Goggles.
fc8e02938552759194e8b39e8b2008cd.jpg

Yep. The goggles is the only in app purchase I made. I use the DJI Go app for general flying/photo/video, and Litchi for programmed waypoint flights. Nice having some options with other apps. They each serve a purpose for me so far.

I just finished downloading FPV camera app and got me the VR Box goggles and just picked up the Iphone 6 plus yesterday and last night configured it all for FPV flying, love the way the camera tilts when I tilt my head havent been able to try it yet as today was real stupid windy, but cant wait to try it out, it looks very cool, ya I cant believe there isnt more people using this as well...

Thanks. I noticed that after I posted. Lol. Definitely gonna give this a try

I just finished downloading FPV camera app and got me the VR Box goggles and just picked up the Iphone 6 plus yesterday and last night configured it all for FPV flying, love the way the camera tilts when I tilt my head havent been able to try it yet as today was real stupid windy, but cant wait to try it out, it looks very cool, ya I cant believe there isnt more people using this as well...

Have fun! It's a little disorienting at first so be sure to take it slow and in an open safe environment. Let us know how you like it!

How do you cover all the menu bases in GO with goggles on?

I know it's the costly way to go but I already ordered it and there on the way but if I have the hdmi mod and a pair of headplay hd, and got the app would the head tilt still work?
Thanks in advance for your answers!!

How do you cover all the menu bases in GO with goggles on?

The Go app doesn't support a goggle mode. You'd want to get FPV Camera, or use Litchi if your on android. I believe you can scroll through some menu items with the controller wheel and buttons, but for me personally, I don't need to mess with on screen options much once I'm up in the air. Especially using goggles. I like to just enjoy the flight.

Are there specific screen options you want to be using while in the air?

I know it's the costly way to go but I already ordered it and there on the way but if I have the hdmi mod and a pair of headplay hd, and got the app would the head tilt still work?
Thanks in advance for your answers!!

I would think so if your goggles have a built in accelerometer like an iPhone does. Which I would think it would have to since you got VR goggles. Not an expert on those but I'd think it'll do the same thing. Probably at even better resolution.

Argh.... Just looked at their website doesn't look like it has a accelerometer so I have a nice picture but not a really great video because of the lack of the ability to move the camera with my head when I look looks like I will have to get really good with my hands or use my iPhone and a VR box lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj