Why ATTI mode is not for me

True, ATTI mode is faster and quicker response than gps -P.

I have read that atti is fun, that you learn that way. So I tried it today for about 24 minutes ( 2 times) and if that's supposed to be fun and greater at piloting well then I guess I'm just an unfunny horrible pilot. LOL

Requires constant stick intervention, requiring flying straight yet having to manually ascend, roll left and right. Forward and back.

During this stunt flying the tiny bit of wind brought it somewhat downward and let the momentum roll left nearly crashing. Here again, hands on sticks.

By "almost" getting this bird to fly straight a great amount of battery can be used.

But, it is a necessary thing to learn though I have no love for it. If Iose GPS I will have to learn to bring this home ( increase pilot skills).

Flying in ATTI is not fun at all for me. It is a constant "oops, too much that way or this way.

It appears to behave like a kite in the wind - no fun. Guys, I don't want an aircraft simulator .

Why not just skip ATTI and go right to sport? Racing has its place, P MODE is conservative and relaxing to fly.

Others like this mode, many others! So, I must be the minority. But my heart rate stays normal : )

Cheers
I always fly in P mode, but last week I had to shoot some photos of 2 homes for a Realtor. The wind was 20 to 25 mph. Usually not a problem for my P3P. However, as soon as I took off it spontaneously went into ATTI mode. I kept it at a safe altitude above the trees and wires, but the wind was taking it away from me. As the distance increased and it became a dot in the sky, some manual stick input proved I was ignorant as to its orientation. So, rather than fight it, I pushed the RTH button and hoped for the best. It came straight back to me and I gained control again. I was going back and forth from GPS mode to ATTI mode. That's never happened before. Could it be caused by the heavy cloud cover that day? The next afternoon I took it out again. Partly cloudy this time, but I didn't have any trouble with it going into ATTI mode then, or any time since then. I know heavy cloud cover often disrupts my Dish Network TV service, but I didn't know it could block the GPS satellite signals.

Reactions: jsposito
I always fly in P mode, but last week I had to shoot some photos of 2 homes for a Realtor. The wind was 20 to 25 mph. Usually not a problem for my P3P. However, as soon as I took off it spontaneously went into ATTI mode. I kept it at a safe altitude above the trees and wires, but the wind was taking it away from me. As the distance increased and it became a dot in the sky, some manual stick input proved I was ignorant as to its orientation. So, rather than fight it, I pushed the RTH button and hoped for the best. It came straight back to me and I gained control again. I was going back and forth from GPS mode to ATTI mode. That's never happened before. Could it be caused by the heavy cloud cover that day? The next afternoon I took it out again. Partly cloudy this time, but I didn't have any trouble with it going into ATTI mode then, or any time since then. I know heavy cloud cover often disrupts my Dish Network TV service, but I didn't know it could block the GPS satellite signals.[/Q
I always fly in P mode, but last week I had to shoot some photos of 2 homes for a Realtor. The wind was 20 to 25 mph. Usually not a problem for my P3P. However, as soon as I took off it spontaneously went into ATTI mode. I kept it at a safe altitude above the trees and wires, but the wind was taking it away from me. As the distance increased and it became a dot in the sky, some manual stick input proved I was ignorant as to its orientation. So, rather than fight it, I pushed the RTH button and hoped for the best. It came straight back to me and I gained control again. I was going back and forth from GPS mode to ATTI mode. That's never happened before. Could it be caused by the heavy cloud cover that day? The next afternoon I took it out again. Partly cloudy this time, but I didn't have any trouble with it going into ATTI mode then, or any time since then. I know heavy cloud cover often disrupts my Dish Network TV service, but I didn't know it could block the GPS satellite signals.

Here is a link to post with the same issue, hope it helps.

GPS switches to Atti Mode... Panic

Funny you mention speed boost. I went from P to Sport today and it was pretty windy. I liked the responsiveness of the P4 and the speed was amazing-even caught the wind downwind.

But here is what is unusual to me anyway. I use the same launch point every day and had a perfectly good compass reading as nearly all of my RTH were precise. But the night before, I had my P4 tuned on and placed it on top of my refrigerator ( as I wanted to adjust camera settings) and I get the warning of strong magnetic field and red caution sign. I shut everything off.

Today, I go back to my usual launch spot - and again it says strong magnetic field yet each calibration failed. Finally the third try it calibrated.

But when I was about to take off I don't remember hearing the voice "RTH recorded". So i flew in pmode, switched to s mode, then back to P mode, controller lit up saying GPS 17 sats. Hmmm..so I hit RTH button and guess what, did not return home, just hovered a few hundred feet away. I manually brought it in and landed.

Does all of this make sense?

YES, that is exactly what happend to me. On top of fridge to take a pic, ( got the warning) next day magnetic field warning at my usual spot 40 yards away from refridge.

Turned off drone, turned it back on and then the warning disappeared.

I was thinking of placing a very bright tac light that weighs 8 ounces centered on top of the drone for night flying. I'd have to use velcro no doubt and might tarnish the shine on the bird. I have read that the P4 can lift that amount. So temped to try it.
Carolina hobby makes a sweet strobe light that can be seen a long ways away I think it sells for $19.00

Reactions: jsposito
that looks like it could work. thx but can't seem to get to the website? Down maybe?

Last edited:
Fly a little Hubsan X4 indoors for practice and get the hang of it.

I have the little Hubsan. It's as fun as the X5C--maybe more.

You gotta get use to navigating by the map. If you pull up the map you can see your location and which direction the quad is pointed. Just turn it till the red arrow is pointing at you and push up. I guess that won't work in atti mode but at least when you do get telemetry back that's how u can get it home without RTH. You fly out in sport mode and RTH may not make it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12