Who uses tablet or Ipad as view screen?

I use a Sony Z4 tablet. It is 10 inches but it fits the holder nicely.
I used it for my P3A and now for the P4P and no particular issues.
Sure dim can be a little bit an issue but I usually try to find a way to circumvent the issue by finding a shady place ... Lately, I decided to invest in a PGYTECH hood. I'll try and see if it makes sense.

Another issue is the number of curious people it attracts :D I live and I fly in China so I get a lot of amicable but too distracting attention. Like: is it a Chinese brand ? Is it good ? How high can it fly ? Are you a professional ? ...

10” air2, modified rc holder so could keep it in otter box, taking off and on was too much hassle, little heavy but wide neck strap helps. Around bright lite even in the shade these screens are so dim and reflective I have hard time doing close in flying, using large hood with extension and hood mounted on bottom side with flip down eye hole cover. Will eventually go to 12” iPad Pro if screen proves to be that brighter, old eyes need the big screen. Example of close flying:

Last edited:
I use an iPad Pro and love it, easy to read all warnings and switch in flight info and screens. Never has any issues. I wish dji software/firmware was as reliable as iOS.

I would love it if someone knew of a way to link sound to video. I don’t own a Mac computer only an iPad and a pc. The editor program that came with the dji soft ware did an auto generated video with sound recorded via the controller. I haven’t been able to figure out to do this on. Y own yet.

I use an iPad 2 with cellular and have never had an issue. Just use phone for hot spot if I need internet access at the moment.

I use an iPad Air 2. After being a long time Samsung / Android fan I made the jump to iOS. Having used several of the pro line Samsung tablets I'm reluctant to say I have had far less issues with the iPad Air 2.
+1 +1
I am not an Apple Fan Boy. No way I'd buy an over-priced-Apple-anything.. but ...BUT... I had tried several flavors of Android Tablets always with mixed results and some level of disappointment or frustration. Then a friend said "Here, try my Apple iPad Air 2." All I can say is - wow. Absolutely stable. Zero issues. Bright anti-glare screen. Great battery life. No lagging. No stuttering. A big 10" screen. After despising Apple for so long was I actually gonna buy one?? Yep. That was over 2 years ago - bought it refurbished for $280 - never looked back. Did I mention I've had Zero Issues? :) Am I now an Apple Fan Boy? No way. Everything they make is still way over priced and their closed architecture is infuriating. As such, my iPad Air 2 remains the only Apple product I own. But for dedicated, rock solid, trouble free enjoyment with my DJI P3P, IMHO, it was worth every penny spent. YMMV

I have a Amazon Fire 5th gen 7 inch tablet. Just to see if I could do it I managed after about two hours to install DJI go along with google apps. I few with it today can't say it was great DJI GO did crash once but other then being dim in the extremely bright sunlight even with a hood... it worked. could not see it well enough to tell if it the picture was breaking up or lagging but other then the software crash no issues. I would not recommend it but since the gen 7 runs $50 and the gen 5 on ebay runs $30 it might be an option if you don't mind a few hours getting the software to load.

I have an iPad Air 2 and frequently have a problem seeing the screen in bright sunlight. No I do not use a hood, tried one but it was mor of a problem than it was worth. For that reason, I order a Crystal Sky 7.85" Ulrta high monitor (2000 nit) and am scheduled to receive it on Wednesday this week. Can't wait. I'll let you know how it works. Yes it was expensive,m but not seeing the screen can be even more expensive.

I presently have a samsung tab 4 (used only to fly) that the image stutters but never crashes running 3.1.3. It can't run 4 at all. My son just found me a nvida K1 brand new in a unopened box.(hard to find these days)
I wanted a HDMI output on my tablet. I should have it home soon.

I'm using a Bush Spira B2 8 Inch 32GB Tablet, Works great with the app, just wish the screen brightness a bit brighter, but it's not to much of a problem you can see well enough.

I use an older (4 years?) iPad that belonged to my wife until I got my P3A. Works well, but there's about a 1.5-second delay in the image. Not a big deal for me because I'm usually just taking photos or video, so I really just need to see where I'm pointing. I rarely lose sight of the 'copter... only by accident.

Another issue is the number of curious people it attracts :D I live and I fly in China so I get a lot of amicable but too distracting attention. Like: is it a Chinese brand ? Is it good ? How high can it fly ? Are you a professional ? ...
LOL - I just flew around a rural part of South Korea (Taein-myeon, Jeongeup-si or 태인면 if anyone cares), nearly caused two motor vehicle collisions in town (also partly because I'm white, haha), then attracted way too much attention while pulled over where there was barely a shoulder on a road through Naejangsan National Park.

Do you have to have it cellular? Why? Mine works fine not being cellular.
Needed for "follow-me" mode, or for easier access to map data. I tether my non-cellular iPad to my phone via WiFi. Also remember that having the phone operate as a WiFi access point creates more radio interference and may impact the aircraft's range.

Best maybe to search the forum about sound in the video and start a thread if there isn't one already. If you use an iPad I suppose you could use the Voice Memos app to record in the background and sync it up later in the video editing software. Feel free to discuss in a more appropriate thread.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor