Who loves their P4? And why?

Out of the 4 Phantom drones I've owned, two Phantom 3 Pros, one Phantom 3 Standard, and my Phantom 4... I like the P4 the best.

1 ) Better range. Easily able to get further more reliably on the P4 than any of my P3 quads.

2 ) Incredibly stable in the wind. Not sure if it's down to the new sleeker design but the P4 will cut through and remain stable in some serious wind.

3 ) The new attachment system for the blades is a minor but very nice improvement. Quick and easy on and off. I'm always driving to different flying destinations hauling the P4 in a case, so this is very nice.

4 ) The aluminum mobile device bracket is loads sturdier than the P3 bracket.

5 ) Improved gimbal and anti-vibration setup is nice. Love how it's inside the body of the drone. Feels much more stable. I was always worried about breaking the one on the P3, probably overly worried but still is nice to have a bit of peace of mind now.

6 ) The camera seems improved, not sure if it's down to the improved lense on the P4 or possible factory defects on my P3 Pros but I'm seeing a definite boost in image quality.

7 ) The props sneaking into your shot seems to be less of an issue, but it's only a minor improvement. Flying much over 22mph risks them getting into your view I've noticed, least in my case.

8 ) Collision avoidance is nice, I've used it only once though while filming really close over a creek. Seemed to work well. Usually I have it disabled.

9) And many more! Those are just the things that immediately came to mind.

Nice logo work there, may I ask what program you used to create that?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
After Effects. Well, and Photoshop. I did the logo in Photoshop (although it probably should have been done in Illustrator), and then the video logo treatment in After Effects.

Reactions: skyeboysteve
It seems like over 90% of the haters are people who do not own one.

That's the way it is with everything. Cars. It's funny. These drones and the people that are here are probably the same people I've seen on car boards for like 18 years.

I do hope they don't have forums like this for Apple computers and smartphones though. That would be weird. My being here is the same way it was on every card board I've been on. I came looking for help with a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl