White specs low light

cahutch said:
I don't think so. The camera is terrible in low light.
Though I think the white dots only show up in one video mode or in narrow FOV.

I see , I'll play around with the video modes and keep this thread posted

davisTHX said:
I agree with the white specs. Took this video of the Musical Fountain in Grand Haven.

Interesting. If you notice in your video when you back away and the twilight comes into view, you can actually see the pixel matrix. What were your video settings?

davisTHX said:
1080P 30
Any recommendations on different settings ?

Mine is the same mode but apparently there is a wide variation in the sensor array. There is another video on here of a lighting display very similar to yours but far more extreme with the specks. Notice how the specs disappear when a segment is illuminated, but they fade back into view when the segment becomes dark? Wonder if it is just an artifact of the image processing? You should put your Phantom in a pitch black room and record video for a few minutes just to see what records.

Another test for image processing is to see if it shows up at different data rates, so try different resolutions and frame rates including 720p/30 and 480p/30
I noticed that the 480p video seemed to be much cleaner. Most likely due to less compression artifacts.

Another thing that was suggested is to manually set the ISO instead of leaving it on manual. Not sure if it works in video mode but that could reduce noise at the expense of a darker image.
I don't think the aperture is adjustable.

davisTHX said:
I agree with the white specs. Took this video of the Musical Fountain in Grand Haven.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RkvJH2TcaE

Sorry for changing the subject, but how to you get away with attaching the audio you had on the vid? If I would have had that on my vid's they would smack me for it. lol What's your method?

flyNfrank said:
davisTHX said:

Sorry for changing the subject, but how to you get away with attaching the audio you had on the vid? If I would have had that on my vid's they would smack me for it. lol What's your method?
Any descent video editor can do that

My vision+ has the same white specks at night but only in 1080p Narrow @30fps. I need to do more testing at night to find decent camera settings, would 200 iso be good for night? and maybe 1080p 25fps to let more light into the lens? not sure about exposure settings.
UKFlyer

flyNfrank said:
davisTHX said:

I used Final Cut Pro to line up video and audio and then create and rip a compound clip - then create a DVD or .mov or whatever you prefer. I use a small USB stick audio recorder attached to the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl