Which one do you fly with..., 2.4 or 5.8

Reaction score
I lose HD signal way before controller and I read a switch to 5.8 may help with this. I did a search and I get a lot of conversation on the antennas but didn't see any thing on the difference between the two bands.

I not in a remote area but not exactly city either.

Before I make the switch, anybody got any pro's or con's ?

During preflight I always start with 2.4, check signal strength, and if it looks good I stay with it, however if it looks bad I switch over to 5.8 and check again. For my flight habits, VLOS, I haven't observed one being better than the other, but I do enjoy having an option when the 2.4 is crowded. I think that was always the intent of DJI for why they offered a choice.

That said, you would have to ask the long distance flyers for their experience of one vs the other.

The area i fly in has absolutely no interference at all on both 2.4 and 5.8

On 2.4 i get over a km more when doing range tests

Is it safe to switch from 2.4 to 5.8 or vice versa while in flight ?
The curious cat in me tried this while the bird is about a mile away and I lost control of it. Lucky I had gotten GPS lock and home point recorded before taking off and the bird did auto RTH.

The curious cat in me tried this while the bird is about a mile away and I lost control of it. Lucky I had gotten GPS lock and home point recorded before taking off and the bird did auto RTH.
"Lost control" ? Expound on that please. What exactly did you lose control of. I wanted to try the same thing [emoji78]

"Lost control" ? Expound on that please. What exactly did you lose control of. I wanted to try the same thing [emoji78]
The connection of the RC to the AC was disconnected. AC triggered RTH. Regained control afterwards.

I use 5.8ghz auto 90% percent of the time. While flying on 2.4ghz I almost always get "strong signal interference " . Even though I haven't had any video feed issues on it. I plan on actually doing a test on 2.4ghz vs 5.8ghz for personal record

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl