Which Futaba and ...?

skeeter said:
How does one "change the throttle stick"? Does this require the spring mod?

If you want to make your left hand stick the same as the right (i.e. Auto centring) then beside removal of the throttle ratchet as Cor Brink pointed out (there are videos on YouTube of how to do that part) you'll need to add a couple of additional components which Futaba call 'Spring Return Kit'. The part number for the 14SG kit is the same as the 8J.... Y-MA8036

In the UK a lot of the Hobby shops either carry them or are able to get them however I also contacted Futaba Support directly and they are sending me the required pieces for free. Take a look here for the contact details I used. As you're in in US I would imagne they'll land on your doorstep fairly quickly. It took them a day to respond to the email however they did respond. If you don't get any joy, stick that part number into Google and I'm sure you'll find some suppliers.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/index.html

Hope that helps?

goldfishrock said:
skeeter said:
How does one "change the throttle stick"? Does this require the spring mod?

If you want to make your left hand stick the same as the right (i.e. Auto centring) then beside removal of the throttle ratchet as Cor Brink pointed out (there are videos on YouTube of how to do that part) you'll need to add a couple of additional components which Futaba call 'Spring Return Kit'. The part number for the 14SG kit is the same as the 8J.... Y-MA8036

In the UK a lot of the Hobby shops either carry them or are able to get them however I also contacted Futaba Support directly and they are sending me the required pieces for free. Take a look here for the contact details I used. As you're in in US I would imagne they'll land on your doorstep fairly quickly. It took them a day to respond to the email however they did respond. If you don't get any joy, stick that part number into Google and I'm sure you'll find some suppliers.

http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/index.html

Hope that helps?

No it is not necessary, at least not on the 14SG.

Ok. Thanks all. Either it will or won't be necessary :? ....I'll find out for sure when it lands. So to speak.. No big deal..

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to respond....perhaps I'll be able to help some other rooks in the future....

Cheers!

Cor Brink said:

Oh! I wonder if its the same on the 8J? I'll open mine up later and check! Thanks for the heads-up ;-)

goldfishrock said:
Cor Brink said:

Oh! I wonder if its the same on the 8J? I'll open mine up later and check! Thanks for the heads-up ;-)

Let us know!

skeeter said:
Let us know!

Good news... opened the 8J up earlier, removed the throttle ratchet plate and voila.... one self centring throttle just as Cor Brink said ;-) No need for that Spring Return stuff. Makes for a far better flying experience now. :cool:

goldfishrock said:
skeeter said:
Let us know!

Good news... opened the 8J up earlier, removed the throttle ratchet plate and voila.... one self centring throttle just as Cor Brink said ;-) No need for that Spring Return stuff. Makes for a far better flying experience now. :cool:

Excellent! Fly on!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

OK. Got the 14SG....Now..

How do you access the "Throttle Ratchet"?

thanks!

skeeter said:
OK. Got the 14SG....Now..

How do you access the "Throttle Ratchet"?

thanks!

You need to open it up. There's a metal tab pressing up on a serrated gear on the left hand stick that makes it notchy as you move it up and down and prevents it from centering. If you remove the tab, you should be all set. Mind you, I am guessing as it is different for the 8FGS. Mine didn't use the ratchet. I had to add the actual centering spring which they will send you if you email them and ask for it.

You need to open it up. There's a metal tab pressing up on a serrated gear on the left hand stick that makes it notchy as you move it up and down and prevents it from centering. If you remove the tab, you should be all set. Mind you, I am guessing as it is different for the 8FGS. Mine didn't use the ratchet. I had to add the actual centering spring which they will send you if you email them and ask for it.

Thank you kindly. Up late, eh? ;) I'll open it up later when I get home...

No love on my 14SG...The little metal tab is just a friction-type. Removing it just makes the stick flop up and down.....Time for plan "B"...contact Futaba...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl