Which Drone Should I get?

Reaction score
Im looking to get my first drone. I have flown my friends P3S a few times. I like the P4 and found a pretty good deal on eBay for one that is new with extra batteries and stuff. Just looking to see if I should spend this much on my first drone or should I look at a cheaper Phantom.

The P4 is an excellent aircraft and one you "could" learn on. But . . . if I were learning to fly I would go with a smaller (cheaper) unit and do your "mistakes" on it. Here's a thread that might help some:

Awesome practice drone

yes! Get a tiny one to ruin first. Get a couple! Fly it and learn it. Break it. Get another one.

Had I not learned and practiced on a small one first, I would have lost my Phantom at least three times already.

i only got to see my buddies P3P and then researched and bought my first drone ever ...P4 and love it...i've never flown a RC until now and love this sport...nice easy to fly and great RTH features....mine has been nice and user friendly from the start...

If the P4 doesn't exceed your budget, then I'd go for that instead since it has many improvements over the P3S. A beginner could learn how to fly either, so I don't think there is an advantage either way there.

Reactions: Pharm and F1reblade
I just flew my P3s and in advice if you haven't any experience in flying yes get a smaller drone but don't go with the P3s go with the p3a or p3p many more products support the later versions

I agree that having a smaller bird is a good idea, even though the phantom is relatively easy to fly. And honestly, a 40 dollar syma can be more fun than a phantom sometimes. Less risk= more crazy things you can do.

I jumped from a PS3 to a P4 and never looked back and whilst I have flown a number of smaller RC stuff for years, they are nothing but a distraction on a rainy day. If you can fly a PS3 with its wifi and distance limitations, you can move to something bigger. Like all things, take your time and you won't regret it.

Thanks for all the replies. My friend is going out of town and letting me borrow his P3S through the weekend. So im going to play around with it and see from there

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT