Awesome practice drone

Reaction score
I am putting this here in this forum because I think it gets more traffic than the general forum. I got this little drone called the metakoo bee. It has altitude hold, making it a good mini substitute for the p3s. Its so tiny its perfect as a living room flyer.

I got it for 15 bucks on a flash sale on Amazon but Its normally 27 I think. Here's a few pics.
566458944bcd227de0f4cee59fa1f8a1.jpg
73bb4cd13285fec31cd6b43789b42b83.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's mine; I have trouble flying this one too :screamcat:
small drone.jpg

I've got one of these, but I'm not able to use my P3S battery in it.... please show me how you did it ....
I use the new wireless power transfer feature of the P3S battery, if you click the button 10 times fast, it initializes that feature and you can beam power to where you want to. Just make sure to point it right at the drone.....ever heard of not crossing the streams, well this is worse.....

Reactions: Neon Euc
I use the new wireless power transfer feature of the P3S battery, if you click the button 10 times fast, it initializes that feature and you can beam power to where you want to. Just make sure to point it right at the drone.....ever heard of not crossing the streams, well this is worse.....

Excellent news - I thought I might have wasted my money. Just been on to Ali-Amazon-Gate and bought two.

Thanks... safe flying.
;)

If you see my post above I was trying to fool everyone into thinking it could not be done, however in the spirit of the forum I thought it better to share my work.
I've just bought the Goonhilly mod...that is actually my back garden in the photo.
The big advantage is you don't need to modify the transmitter case.

I have doubled my range to 25 metres.

_81569172_goon1.jpg

Hey I wonder if you can get a skin for the mini drones, or even hydro dip. Be a bit fiddly taking them apart though.

I'll add a serious response -- I agree with nanos as a great practice drone. I'd highly recommend the Cheerson CX-10WD-TX -- $37 over at GearBest right now:

c5bb7706-31e8-49be-ac9b-f78f13dd9215.jpg

This is a nano that looks identical in form-factor to the OP nano, but includes altitude hold and FPV video. Also includes a pretty nice 2-stick controller with storage for the drone and adjustable width.

Excellent way to get experience very similar to ATTI mode on the phantom. An identical drone from Eachine -- the H10WD -- I also have, similar price, but the altitude hold doesn't work as well as the Cheerson.

The FPV is actually amazingly good. 640x480 and any recording/pics are simply done directly on the phone feed (no SD card on-board the drone). For the price, it's really quite a bargain, and loads of fun to fly.

If you order one, I'd also recommend spending an additional $10 on the crashpack at geekbuying:

2016101701044114oljf65.jpg

Reactions: yjander
Well, it wasn't really a VS. comparison, just adding another option for indoor flying.

And what the heck, it doesn't take much imagination to see it as a tiny phantom... :D

If you see my post above I was trying to fool everyone into thinking it could not be done, however in the spirit of the forum I thought it better to share my work.
I've just bought the Goonhilly mod...that is actually my back garden in the photo.
The big advantage is you don't need to modify the transmitter case.

I have doubled my range to 25 metres.

_81569172_goon1.jpg
You know, if you rent some time on the VLA, I'm pretty sure you can fly it on the moon.

vla2_nrao_big.jpg

Reactions: Sky Wombat
I'll add a serious response -- I agree with nanos as a great practice drone. I'd highly recommend the Cheerson CX-10WD-TX -- $37 over at GearBest right now:

c5bb7706-31e8-49be-ac9b-f78f13dd9215.jpg

This is a nano that looks identical in form-factor to the OP nano, but includes altitude hold and FPV video. Also includes a pretty nice 2-stick controller with storage for the drone and adjustable width.

Excellent way to get experience very similar to ATTI mode on the phantom. An identical drone from Eachine -- the H10WD -- I also have, similar price, but the altitude hold doesn't work as well as the Cheerson.

The FPV is actually amazingly good. 640x480 and any recording/pics are simply done directly on the phone feed (no SD card on-board the drone). For the price, it's really quite a bargain, and loads of fun to fly.

If you order one, I'd also recommend spending an additional $10 on the crashpack at geekbuying:

2016101701044114oljf65.jpg
Thats pretty cool. I love the flight time of the metakoo. Its about 10 minutes. With no camera or Wi-Fi its pretty lean and dirty. Its really fun

Sent from my VS987 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen