Which drone for real estate?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the board. I'm a real estate photographer who is interested in branching out into drone photography and video.

I was originally looking at a Phantom 4 because that appears to be what's popular, then I began to wonder if I needed all those features. I would like 4K. The collision avoidance, and return to home (whatever it's called) are attractive to me, especially since I don't have much experience with drones.

But I wonder if those things are really necessary for me. I mean, I'll be flying over a house - not miles away.

Then I saw the Autel X-Star Premium and the price is very attractive.

Any recommendations? Phantom 3 maybe? Autel?

I don't know how Autel compares, but the photo/video quality is nearly identical for the Phantom 3 Pro and Phantom 4. Either would be a good choice if you need 4K. The Phantom 4 is the only Phantom with collision avoidance, so that would be the best choice if it's a must-have.

Autel X-Star Premium takes the best pics and video would get that one plus right now get a free battery also

yep we did a comparison on other site also typhoon h was in it also autel came out ahead of them

I like the specs on that AC. I decided to add it to my fleet. Will be here early next week. Any inside info I need to know flpholt?

I haven't seen the comparison you're referring to, but I find it hard to believe that any of these quadcopters we're talking about would not be fit enough to take photos/video for real estate purposes. Even the P2V+ is able to take stunning photos.

I like the specs on that AC. I decided to add it to my fleet. Will be here early next week. Any inside info I need to know flpholt?
there is a new firmware update just came out also put in for your free battery

Hi, I'm new to the board. I'm a real estate photographer who is interested in branching out into drone photography and video.

I was originally looking at a Phantom 4 because that appears to be what's popular, then I began to wonder if I needed all those features. I would like 4K. The collision avoidance, and return to home (whatever it's called) are attractive to me, especially since I don't have much experience with drones.

But I wonder if those things are really necessary for me. I mean, I'll be flying over a house - not miles away.

Then I saw the Autel X-Star Premium and the price is very attractive.

Any recommendations? Phantom 3 maybe? Autel?
Before you choose an aircraft, you might want to research the requirements to use a drone commercially. You can take all the pictures and video you want for personal use, but as soon as it is used for business the rules change. Do a search on Part 107.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I haven't seen the comparison you're referring to, but I find it hard to believe that any of these quadcopters we're talking about would not be fit enough to take photos/video for real estate purposes. Even the P2V+ is able to take stunning photos.
there all great quads just really depends n what you like for me x star is built a lot better plus has camera that snaps off for future upgrades also rc has built in telemetry and also goes just as far as Lightbridge

Reactions: Drone Master
Yes, I'm aware of the Part 107.

In the meantime I just won't charge for the service, for the purpose of building my portfolio.

there all great quads just really depends n what you like for me x star is built a lot better plus has camera that snaps off for future upgrades also rc has built in telemetry and also goes just as far as Lightbridge
Yep -- the other features should certainly be the OP's deciding factor. The cameras on all of these quadcopters are perfectly capable of doing the proposed job.

Yep -- the other features should certainly be the OP's deciding factor. The cameras on all of these quadcopters are perfectly capable of doing the proposed job.

I typically do some luminosity blending in Photoshop for my shots, even the exterior ones. Dynamic range is important to me, that's why I shoot with a full frame camera. How do the 12MP cameras in these drones compare to say an entry level DSLR?

he could just get a p3s or wifi x star which is 4k probably would due great with which everyone he likes

shot with p3s
1465160313266.jpg

Reactions: Mike_Flys
1465160313464.jpg

Reactions: JTE
there is a new firmware update just came out also put in for your free battery
Yep, good deal! I know I have a place for the Autel in my fleet. I have a up coming project just for it. The specs will make this work.

Reactions: flpholt
IHow do the 12MP cameras in these drones compare to say an entry level DSLR?
If you're looking for DSLR quality, then you should step up to an Inspire 1 instead. Prepare to shell out some major cash for the cameras though. They aren't cheap.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl