Which camera is the best P4P or MP2 or a midges d*** difference?

Both are 20MP, not sure if the M Pro 2 is using a new 1" sensor or same in the P4 pro, assuming it's the same. If the same the ISO usability range will be around ISO 500 which is the max I use on a P4 Pro.

The P4 Pro has a mechanical shutter, IMO a big advantage for stills, if you only shoot video, non issue as all video is e shutter.

MP 2 mentions new color engine by Hasselblad, only time will tell as to what that means.

When will Adobe get a profile for the raw? That is my question. Assuming it will not be something available for a while. LR just updated to 7.5, not sure when next update will happen. Might be able to use current profile for P4 Pro.

If the lens is all new, then there may be some big advantages. Hopefully diffraction will not be as big an issue as it is with the P4 Pro camera. The P4 camera is pretty impressive in the F 3.5 to F6.3 range, and if your focus is on, results can be very good.

Paul C

A P4P quality camera in a Mavic form factor would be a REALLY NICE drone IMO - I'll certainly be keeping my P4P until I start to see & hear real-world examples/experiences from users.

Unlikely to be a new sensor, SONY hasn’t publically announced a new model and we can assume it’s one of theirs. To the extent Hasselblad has any significant input to the camera design they have often stated they use Sony sensors. They have also reveled for their cameras that they get better performance than others as they devote a lot of time to creating the colour profile. As to the kens, the longer focal length should provide an opportunity to get better performance. Hasselblad doesn’t make lenses- we might dream it could be a Zeiss optic but more likely it’s a good quality security camera or digital compact design.

So far everything points to the fact that they are very similar, maybe the Mavic is even slightly better. If this is so, is it not, the end of the line, for the phantom 4? Why would you carry around a huge drone when a small one is about the same camera quality?

Reactions: MTO
So far everything points to the fact that they are very similar, maybe the Mavic is even slightly better. If this is so, is it not, the end of the line, for the phantom 4? Why would you carry around a huge drone when a small one is about the same camera quality?
We should hope the P4 is coming to an end, the 5 or whatever is to follow will be available then and, for obvious reasons, must be better than the Mavic 2.

Phantom does not fly good, Mavic flys so much better no comparison

Is that whilst doing a mapping mission at 100m in 20mph winds or flying 10m high taking a photo of a tree?

As for the camera difference, assume the Mavic 2 is better in full auto because of the software and processing, but I doubt there's much difference in manual mode. Only time will tell though... The Phantom's mechanical shutter is an advantage, but I'm not sure if the Phantom is 10bit like the M2.

Last edited:
I have found that the P4P flys way better than the Mavic Pro alsobrook4336. In every way. Its far more stable under every condition. Only one time did it misbehave and that was indoors which it was not designed to do. I have been amazed how rock solid it fls alsobrook4336. Maybe you meant it the other way around. Every time I fly the P4P I am in wonder at how perfectly in responds to your commands.
If only it was smaller???

It has been a brief love affair for me. But, better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. :)
I moved from the Mavic just a month or two ago.
Given that, I have a very important question which I will ask anew.

Reactions: MTO
Maven flys much more straight,more precise, don’t get me wrong, I will never sell My p4p, that mechanical shutter is wonderful, Iv created some jaw dropping video with ‘‘this quad , I’m taking my phantom to a dealer here in dallas where I live, they have certified dji techs and see if they can tweak her a bit, I really suck at posting my footage on this site, I want everyone to see what she can do

Maven flys much more straight,more precise, don’t get me wrong, I will never sell My p4p, that mechanical shutter is wonderful, Iv created some jaw dropping video with ‘‘this quad , I’m taking my phantom to a dealer here in dallas where I live, they have certified dji techs and see if they can tweak her a bit, I really suck at posting my footage on this site, I want everyone to see what she can do
You seem to be having a unique experience- I suspect your P4 is broken or your imagining things. Just upload your video to YouTube and paste a link to share. Mechanical shittier makes no difference to video and you wouldn’t be able to see any difference in most photos either.

Like I said I’m taking it in for a tech to see why it seems to not fly straight, even with no wind I’m having to crank on the sticks way to hard

Like I said I’m taking it in for a tech to see why it seems to not fly straight, even with no wind I’m having to crank on the sticks way to hard
So your talking about a perceived stick input sensitivity issue or it doesn’t fly straight. Have you crashed if? A good compass and imu calibration might be all it needs with some tweaking if wxpo and gain for the control sticks.

Phantom does not fly good, Mavic flys so much better no comparison
Definitely got that backward. Mavic is a toy frame compared to P4 or P3. Stability in advanced maneuvering proves instantly. Add some wind and the mavic seems useless. If they increased the rotor arms 2x, the mavic would be more capable tool. For now mavic is hobby grade device.

I disagree, Mavic is the new design of stability,now with the hassleblad 1” camera, Making cinematic footage will be done with ease, I still luv My p4p, and I’m shure that by December they will release phantom 5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor