Where can I find a "Glossary" ??? I mean WTH?

Reaction score
I've been flying stuff around since the 60's. Granted it was a little COX on a string at that point. Then I moved up to other stuff. Now I find myself flying these amazing machines and I spend half my time trying to figure out what the heck you folks are talking about.

Can someone direct me to a dictionary for droners? Hey, better yet, how about building one and linking it to the top of the page, maybe in the FAQ section.

I hate not knowing stuff about stuff.

That's a great start.

How about we now put it where numbskulls like me can find it right off the bat?

I'm not part of the powers that be and don't really have the time to dive in and help. I just think it would be a great way to encourage folks vs make them feel ignorant.

It's kind of like the Chinese sending products over here without instructions. It just wastes our time and reduces our productivity.

Seriously though, Thank you.

Update:

I went there, read that and it really is a good start.
I laughed out loud at the Troll thing. I'm anything but.

How about alphabetizing it now?
That's all from me. I'm stepping down off my soap box.
Thanks again

Re: Where can I find a "Glossary" ??? I mean WTH?

IflyinWY said:
That's a great start.

I'm not part of the powers that be and don't really have the time to dive in and help. I just think it would be a great way to encourage folks vs make them feel ignorant.

It's kind of like the Chinese sending products over here without instructions. It just wastes our time and reduces our productivity.

Seriously though, Thank you.

Update:

I went there, read that and it really is a good start.
I laughed out loud at the Troll thing. I'm anything but.

How about alphabetizing it now?
That's all from me. I'm stepping down off my soap box.
Thanks again
There is nowhere else to put it!

The first day I found this forum I went to the FAQ page and would have loved to find the heading "Glossary of terms and abbreviations" at the very top of the left hand column.

I'm sure anywhere in the FAQ would work as long as one could find it through search from any forum.

I typed "glossary" in the search window and found this post by Taph » Thu Apr 24, 2014
"I'm still trying to get my head around all the jargon. Maybe it would be a good idea for someone to post a glossary of terms used in the drone world and a short explanation off each term for us green horns who want to get into the hobby. It would make it a lot easier."

So I guess I'm not the only one who knows that we don't know what we want and need to know. Know what I mean?

Thanks

IflyinWY said:
It's kind of like the Chinese sending products over here without instructions.
That is the phantom :lol:

You'll get it over time nothing comes easy in life .
Some members have taken the time to do how to & what's what but nothing ever happens they get buried in the threads then we see repeat questions quite a lot .

IflyinWY said:
I've been flying stuff around since the 60's. Granted it was a little COX on a string at that point.

I remember those Cox airplanes! I even had one for a while. But looking at the tech we have now, what was the point of those planes on the end of a string? Easy to slice your fingers trying to start the up, and as far as "flying" you could attach a string to a brick and get the same dizzying experience :)

IflyinWY said:

I just think it would be a great way to encourage folks vs make them feel ignorant.

You exactly correct. But there would be nothing or the Professors of the board to demean you and help them feel superior over you. I truly thing that they gain a portion of their of selfworth by belittling the noobs. I've been on hundreds of boards, and they are just the same, with different names.

Re: Where can I find a "Glossary" ??? I mean WTH?

RipperFox said:
I truly thing that they gain a portion of their of selfworth by belittling the noobs.
I don't think this forum is anything like some of the others in that respect. People are pretty friendly here. Have you experienced negativity here?

RipperFox said:
IflyinWY said:

I just think it would be a great way to encourage folks vs make them feel ignorant.

You exactly correct. But there would be nothing or the Professors of the board to demean you and help them feel superior over you. I truly thing that they gain a portion of their of selfworth by belittling the noobs. I've been on hundreds of boards, and they are just the same, with different names.

Yeah, that's not exactly where I was going with the "ignorant" thing.

I have had positive experiences and hope to have many more. I'm getting smarter, it's just a slow process.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl