When to replace props / motor cap?

Reaction score
Got the phantom about a month ago, and unfortunately have only been able to take it out about once a week. Anyways, no major crashes, but most times when bringing it down I take it to the ground stable, and then it flips on its side, etc. Tonight it came down close to the case I keep it in and when trying to shut it off it jumped at the case and one of the blades got a bit beat up. nothing major, a couple small nicks in the edge.

Anyways, two questions.

1) I have replacement props, but is it bad for me to just keep these ones on until I have a better hang of it? I'd prefer not to go through a set every time it gets a little ding?

2) On two of the motor caps, the very top seems to have come off and fallen into the cap.....again, is this something I need to replace or is that not going to have any real effect? (I have attached a picture of this in case it's confusing.

It really is something you have to play by ear. Small nicks no problem. Cracks however are a different story. I would replace the motor nuts with some Nylock nuts. Cheaper and more secure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94