When and how often to change props

Reaction score
Hi,
Other than as a result of some sort of damage when to put new propellers on the P4?
Thanks ... Ed

You should replace the props if they are damaged. Carefully check them for damage prior to each flight. If all looks okay, you can continue to use them -- for years potentially.

Good to know. Mine came with 2 sets and I didn't see anything for guidance on this.
Thanks ... Ed

do the props get damaged or wear off from common use (no crash or contact with something else, like branches or grass)???

I'd only replace props if they were actually damaged. Still using the original set that came with all of my P3 aircraft & my P4. Only changed the Vision+ props after Night Fury brought her down.

Hi,
Other than as a result of some sort of damage when to put new propellers on the P4?
Thanks ... Ed

Reactions: Oryx
do the props get damaged or wear off from common use
If you don't crash and or strike anything with the props, they could still develop tiny cracks around the hub area or the inside could become worn down from improper installation and/or storage. So, it's a good idea to always check them prior to each flight just to be safe.

Hi,
Thanks ... Ed

I did some research," dji " says the drone alerts when it's time to change propellers. (Very skeptical, but if the drone via imu detects imbalance, this is more than possible!) ....
On healty drone. com, you can control the drift, which in the absence of wind, helps you understand the imbalance and its possible replacement.
Last but important, take good visual controlled propellers, will always be the greatest.

Hi,
Thanks ... Ed
...Ed, this is an old post , but I'll add my 2cents anyway.. the internals of the prop hub and locking tabs become fatigued, I check for slop or clearance btwn the locking tabs and the prop itself, and in fact you can hear it, a sort of knocking as you start the motors.. you can also look for marring of the plastic under the prop hubs caused by the clearance btwn the locking tabs and the prop hub internals, the marring is the prop cycling back and forth against the tension spring, the more clearance btwn those parts the greater the chance for shear of the fatigued internals or locking tabs themselves.. I took some measurements of 40hr old locking tabs and new locking tabs including images, they can be found on my website.. Equip Page, Phantom4 Tab.. IMO, it boils down to Risk vs Cost...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
upload_2017-2-14_10-23-27.png

upload_2017-2-14_10-23-43.png

upload_2017-2-14_10-24-2.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members