Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What's your top speed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shaunmed, Jun 11, 2014.

1. shaunmed

I'm wondering what horizontal top speed are you guys getting?

Please list the type of phantom you fly and if you're using current firmware.

Thanks.

2. ElGuano

3. shaunmed

Interesting but I'm not trying to break records. I just want to know what the average spped of other people are to see if I'm going about the same.

I just changed over to a futaba 14SG and I dont know if my profile settings have somehow decreased my horizontal speed.

4. macheung

Check both directions of a run, wind can make a big diff.
    Note that firmware v3.04 significantly decreased top speed.

5. shaunmed

i think its the updated firmware thats the problem. went out and did some tests. light breeze. about 25mph one direction and and about 17 the other.

6. slashd0t

First post and proud to post this... Found a huge open field today where I live and it was super windy (roughly 30 gusting to 40km/h).. I had my Phantom Vision in Atti mode up to 48mph! Thing was a rocket!! Now going back in the wind was quite a bit slower :lol:

7. shaunmed

it is pretty striking how much even a slight steady wind will effect speed.

what i have noticed that makes me think that this is a firmware issue is that looking back on my previous videos, during full forward throttle i could see the arms of the phantom in the video picture whereas now i cannot.

i think there is less of a pitch angle and hence this effects forward speed.

i have no problem giving up some speed for stability but i had no stability problems in the past!