What's the fascination of flying out as far as you can

am I missing something but if you want to shoot something that's 2mile away why not just get closer rather than risking it and flying so far away

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Many folks ask what's the fun of flying a quad period!

I ask the same of hitting a tiny white ball .....among many other.things..

used to jump out airplanes , why? it was fun and what a rush!

to each his own fun!

good luck and have fun flying

2mile away why not just get closer
Hmm, when would there be a place I really want to photograph but I can't walk there... real head-scratcher :confused::D:p

Your question presupposes the long flight is with the intent of capturing stills or footage of some distant POI.

For many in the pursuit of distance the distance recorded, a number of feet or metres is the prize.

Tinkerimg and hardware mods, using the breeze, choosing altitudes and speeds of flight to better your own previous record or acheivements of others.

Its all within the pursuit of and just another facet to the hobby and brings pleasure to those who go for distance.

I know a few people who dont take off from anywhere outside their property and one who hardly flys seemingly enjoying looking at the phantom on the shelf in the office. I dont understand that but they are happy and not for me to judge.

To each their own.

am I missing something but if you want to shoot something that's 2mile away why not just get closer rather than risking it and flying so far away

Hmm, let's see... When I first flew more than los I instantly got the feeling it was the excitement of flying like a bird. It is a whole new world from 200-400ft looking down and you can get lost in that feeling.
The most exciting is using vr glasses, then you really going out for some distance because of the lack of outside references.

Simply... It is great!

I'm partially with you on that.....I've had mine for 6 months now. Initially I was very apprehensive about trusting the tech, but gradually that went away and I then became temporarily fascinated with how far I could go. Even then I never went further than a couple of miles tops, but that initial enthusiasm waned over time and now I prefer close in los flying (well, sort of) when I know I can get some good shots/vids using that unbelievably good camera.

Reactions: Pluto88888
I am disabled and don't have the luxury of hopping in my car and driving off to some of the great places I see many of you guys photograph. I am stuck in my back yard and use my P3A as an extension of myself to go as far from my house as I can. And like many of you, it gives me a thrill when I see the sights from 400 feet in the air. Distance is my personal escape.

I enjoy the pure aspect of simply flying my P3P as much if not more than taking photos/video. I find it thrilling when flying long distances especially on a clear night when you see it's lights screaming across the sky.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl