What's the fascination of flying out as far as you can

And then they cry like babies when they lose there ride.
There's no crying in flying!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1457221833.056348.jpg

This one happened this afternoon. I'll be on another flight with another bird as soon as the batteries are charged[emoji41]

Well, in outback Australia, where the nearest intersection, or the nearest township may be 100 miles away, and only 12 people live there, flying a few miles (kilometers actually) is better than off road driving in a desert or walking off into the sunset to have a look.
There are many amazing things to see here, and remotely looking is easier, safer and quicker. Just imagine standing on a lookout in awe of the view, then saying, hey, what's that way out there in the distance? Then you know what flying way out there is for.

am I missing something but if you want to shoot something that's 2mile away why not just get closer rather than risking it and flying so far away

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I need to go 3 miles away. Can't get close. I will explain. I live in Florida and our state parks don't allow take off and landings in the park. However they don't care if I fly over from some where else.

So I will take off 3 miles out. Over water unobstructed. So distance no problem. Fly around 3-5 mins. Get my footage of this beautiful preserve we have. And come back. Easy breeZy. But can't do it up close. As they will freak out. But I do understand what you mean.
d9faf38e3ff42e6a31e703de46dcb515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's the same with people with sport cars driving very fast.
No it's not.. Driving my GT-R on the F1 track, I could see where I was going and what was ahead.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway, I'm in it for the photo/video 3D possibilities, not the flying per se.

Reactions: Digdat0
Your question presupposes the long flight is with the intent of capturing stills or footage of some distant POI.

For many in the pursuit of distance the distance recorded, a number of feet or metres is the prize.

Tinkerimg and hardware mods, using the breeze, choosing altitudes and speeds of flight to better your own previous record or acheivements of others.

Its all within the pursuit of and just another facet to the hobby and brings pleasure to those who go for distance.

I know a few people who dont take off from anywhere outside their property and one who hardly flys seemingly enjoying looking at the phantom on the shelf in the office. I dont understand that but they are happy and not for me to judge.

To each their own.
Well I'd rather take off from my own property for obvious reasons. No reason to transport everything and find a suitable takeoff spot, away from the comfort of my own yard. And I want to see as much as possible from my own yard. I'm in a fairly scenic area with some features not reachable or even visible by road.

No it's not.. Driving my GT-R on the F1 track, I could see where I was going and what was ahead.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Anyway, I'm in it for the photo/video 3D possibilities, not the flying per se.

You're probably one of those GT-R owners that has never used launch control in it either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers