Whats the best tablet for a P4 Pro?

Mini 4 cellular. Many, many people use it. 16g is plenty for me.

^^^^^

So many threads with this question already asked. Don't be lazy to do your own research.

{ MOD REMOVED }. This question could be asked at least once a month and still be relevant since technology changes at that fast of a pace. Or maybe you are still using a flip phone with Consumer Cellular...lol!

upload_2017-12-5_4-22-33.png

I will NOT apologize for calling out A-holes when I see them. This is supposed to be a forum for HELPING people and NOT making them feel like idiots for asking questions! If this is the kind of behavior you endorse or want on this forum then perhaps you should moderate or start a different forum where nobody asks questions because all they really should have done is googled for hours instead of wasting everyone's time. Ban me if it makes you feel like a man when nobody else will but I will continue to answer questions and help when I can NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES a question is asked!

By the way to OP I use the ipad 10.5 pro and it is AWESOME!

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-5_4-22-7.png
    upload_2017-12-5_4-22-7.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 337
Phil2 and CleethorpesKid, did you have to change any settings for the micro usb input on your Samsungs to get it to work? Do you have the 8" or the 9.7", and does it have the latest Samsung updates? Sorry for all the questions, but I had read about Samsung Tab S2 issues. I'm running the Pro+ with the built in screen, but am considering an xtra P4P controller to use my Samsung S2 for bigger screen and other software options. Thanks in advance.
Tab A 8"
Works without a hitch but saying that I haven't installed any DJI updates for over a year.
It flies great so I figure why change it.

I will NOT apologize for calling out A-holes when I see them. This is supposed to be a forum for HELPING people and NOT making them feel like idiots for asking questions!
Your noble effort to put someone in their place can be easily done without name calling. I agreed with you, reading your DH comment, but you just have to use acceptable words, DH isn't. The mods have to draw the line somewhere, and name calling is stepping over the line.

FYI, this forum helps more people with Phantom issues than any other IMO, so you don't have to preach what this forum already has down in spades. Just use nice language, appropriate for a 13yr old to read to their parents, and you'll be welcomed here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schnauzergeek
Got the iPad 2017 WiFi 32GB weeks ago.. Fits perfectly in the standard mount and the display estate is nice, although takes some time getting used too, coming from a 6S Plus.

The best part is not wanting to go Fullscreen recording anymore since I see stuff pretty good anyway.
The worst part is it is still too cluttered... symbols are way bigger than they have too. Manual focus wheel always visible (why?).

The screen brightness could have been better and there is no anti-reflective coating. Still, for $249 brand new it was all worth it.

Seems solid and no hiccups on Go App or Netflix on iOS 10.3. I will not update unless I hear good stuff from people who have..

Seems solid and no hiccups on Go App or Netflix on iOS 10.3. I will not update unless I hear good stuff from people who have..
If it works with 10.3 you're wise to stick with that until DJI works out the issues with iOS11. Tahoe Ed with DJI has mentioned there are problems with iOS11 and DJI G04 latest version recently, but didn't provide details about what they are. There are many in this forum already using iOS11 without compelling issues, so I'm unsure of the problems Ed is talking about. One thing that did cause problems is flying P4P with iPad Wifi on, not connected to an access point. The hunting for access point would mess up the Lightbridge video feed from the craft, apparently from pinging the channel all the time, hunting for an access point. This only happened when flying on 2.4Ghz band, and didn't exhibit this problem with 5.89Ghz band. You can try this yourself to confirm, just fly on the 2.4Ghz band with your P4P and turn on your iPad Wifi with no connection to an access point. You'll likely see lots of green screen interference, regardless of range.

I suggest if you're happy with what you have, don't change anything without a really really, I mean really compelling reason. Keep the same OS and app version, and disable auto update for the GO4 app. However, if you really need a screen recorder sometime in the future, iOS11 has one built in, and it works good. But wait for the issues to be resolved with GO4, whatever they are.

If it works with 10.3 you're wise to stick with that until DJI works out the issues with iOS11. Tahoe Ed with DJI has mentioned there are problems with iOS11 and DJI G04 latest version recently, but didn't provide details about what they are. There are many in this forum already using iOS11 without compelling issues, so I'm unsure of the problems Ed is talking about. One thing that did cause problems is flying P4P with iPad Wifi on, not connected to an access point. The hunting for access point would mess up the Lightbridge video feed from the craft, apparently from pinging the channel all the time, hunting for an access point. This only happened when flying on 2.4Ghz band, and didn't exhibit this problem with 5.89Ghz band. You can try this yourself to confirm, just fly on the 2.4Ghz band with your P4P and turn on your iPad Wifi with no connection to an access point. You'll likely see lots of green screen interference, regardless of range.

I suggest if you're happy with what you have, don't change anything without a really really, I mean really compelling reason. Keep the same OS and app version, and disable auto update for the GO4 app. However, if you really need a screen recorder sometime in the future, iOS11 has one built in, and it works good. But wait for the issues to be resolved with GO4, whatever they are.
That actually happened a couple of times. I had "Bad radio transmission". Figured it was the WiFi so turned it off.. no worries.

Has the Go App gotten worse? I was on 4.1.3 on the iPhone, which actually seemed more stable, than the 4.1.18 I am using on the iPad.

Has the Go App gotten worse? I was on 4.1.3 on the iPhone, which actually seemed more stable, than the 4.1.18 I am using on the iPad.
Sorry, I can't help much since I don't upgrade. I'm still using GO4 version 4.0.8. However, I've seen the latest GO4 app work OK on an iPadMini4, flying a P4P with older 1.3.509 firmware, from the MAY/JUNE timeframe. I can attest to that.

Ive always used IOS devices as had major issues with Android devices (and im talking expensive rugged Panasonic tablets, not cheap kit!)

The ultimate at this point in time is the DJI Crystalsky 7.85in Ultra, technically an android tablet with a 2000 nit screen, in comparison a Ipad Mini 4 is 450nits.

I find in the australian sun that the Crystalsky works perfectly, while I was always struggling to see the Mini 4, even with a hood there is an issue when you look up and your eyes need to adjust

The ultimate at this point in time is the DJI Crystalsky 7.85in Ultra, technically an android tablet with a 2000 nit screen, in comparison a Ipad Mini 4 is 450nits.

I find in the australian sun that the Crystalsky works perfectly, while I was always struggling to see the Mini 4, even with a hood there is an issue when you look up and your eyes need to adjust
I hope my 600 nit ipad can do the job on a tropical summer sun. I am taking my bird on a trip. So far its been ok on California winter sun at below 50% brightness.

That's a nice feature. IOS 11 has that now also for iPads. Competition is great, eh?

How would I record my flight in real time with the iPad mini 4?
All I know how to do is take a snapshot by pressing the home and power button at the same time.

Ipad Mini 4 .....works great for me.... ....I was trying to make an older ipad work and finally gave up and my Iphone 6 plus is nice but I like a larger screen because there is so much information coming at you while in flight to keep up with!

Ipad Mini 4 .....works great for me.... ....I was trying to make an older ipad work and finally gave up and my Iphone 6 plus is nice but I like a larger screen because there is so much information coming at you while in flight to keep up with!
As a rule of thumb, iPad's with A7 CPU may struggle with today's Go4 app. Anything older than that will absolutely not work. A8 based iPads should work OK with Go4 today but I'd suggest not running IOS11 (released in Sept) on iPad with A8 right now until Go4 has been tuned for it. I don't think that's been done yet. Some are using IOS11 OK with Go4, but there have been reports of issues (Tahoe Ed with DJI).

I’ve used a galaxy s2 and found it much easier to use lots of other programs with my footage and screen record etc. However it’s an un supported tablet and so i changed to a tab 3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka