whats everyone carrying?

Reaction score
Just curious what battery/batteries everyone is using theses days.

i need to get some more and a bunch of guys tell me 2dogrc's 2700 is the way to go. but i'll be running duel batteries and not using the stock battery compartment. plus shipping is an absolute killer! (international to Australia - $150 just for shipping)
so i'm wondering if anyone is using bigger 5000mah, or 8000 mah batteries since they aren't restricted to compartment size.
8000mah is getting quite up there in weight, but found a fairly light 5000mah.

what batteries and flight time you're reaching. Gimbal, go-pro especially.
in particular keen to hear from any Australian guys out there about what they are using if they purchase theirs locally.

thats reasonable!

if i can manage to get 15mins with gimbal, go-pro, vision props and my video downlink i'll be stoked i think.

jmack_89 said:
thats reasonable!

if i can manage to get 15mins with gimbal, go-pro, vision props and my video downlink i'll be stoked i think.
15 minutes on that config with 80% drain will require an efficient setup. To hit that I use a 4400mah at 1190g. If you're running bats strapped to the sides you should probably be using the mad dogs or a similar 2700-2800, but it all depends on your weight.

wait... how are you getting 1190g with a 4400battery!

ive tried to go lightest on everything, upgrade board, so no pmu. Zenmuse gimbal instead tarrot or heavier gimbal. etc.etc. and im at 910g before any batteries is installed.

phantom with upgrade board
zenmuse gimbal
gopro hero 3 black
immersionrc 600mw vTx

Gimbal, Gopro, Flytrex, IRC600 with Dewey 3d mount = 17m 30secs

Would be good if we had a Phantom v1 area of the forum. Threads like this get confusing, as I *think* this thread refers to the phantom v1.

DanCH said:
Would be good if we had a Phantom v1 area of the forum. Threads like this get confusing, as I *think* this thread refers to the phantom v1.

Here I'll confuse it a little more. Phantom 1.5 - Zenmuse, OSD, FPV, Sinonsays, GTU10, GoPro3 black &P2 battery - 13:30 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fu3CWOSlmw

EMCSQUAR said:
DanCH said:

Here I'll confuse it a little more. Phantom 1.5 - Zenmuse, OSD, FPV, Sinonsays, GTU10, GoPro3 black &P2 battery - 13:30 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fu3CWOSlmw

We'll have to make a special section just for you ;)

DanCH said:

yeah... probably should have stated that. v1 phantom... but. its good to compare sometimes.

EMCSQUAR said:
DanCH said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl