whats a good drone to learn on for the P3P

Reaction score
Hi guys I have the P3P and beings it winter now and I cant get out to practice , was wondering what is the least expensive and yet the best drone to buy that that I should practice with as I have never flown any drone before and would like to practice indoors until I can get out. thanks Randall

Hubsan X4 or a UDI 818A

Syma X5, I bought one and used it for a couple months before buying the P3A, if you can control this thing in the wind, the Phantom is a piece of cake. It only costs $50, get a charger and extra batteries for $16 since the battery is only good for about 5mins. You can crash it from 60' with 0 damage, just watch your range(it will fly away.) Oh and this model has a camera so you will really appreciate your P3 after you see what comes out of this thing, lol.

If you expect to be flying indoors, then you might want to consider a learner drone that can maintain its altitude since I found a little challenging. (It's much easier outdoors.) It's not a skill you're ever likely to need for a P3.

There aren't many low-cost drones with the barometric pressure sensor needed for "altitude hold". - the Hubsan H107C is one. It's not cheap (~$100), but that's still much less than repairs can cost on a P3A or P3P.

Thanks for the quick and good replies , I wouldn't even consider it, but its probably going to be at least April before the Middletown area gives forth the right kind of weather and wind as it can get harsh here before I can get out to learn. I just thought it might pay to spend 50/60 bucks instead of crashing my P3P. I'm pretty adept at photography I've been at it since 1975 so I don't see how including the camera on a practice model could help, or is there more to this than I know.
Again Thanks a lot Randall

The UDI U839 Nano 2.4G 4CH Micro 6-Axis Gyro 3D Quadcopter UFO Quad Copter worked great for me. It cost 20 bucks, the RC and copter have the same control figuration as the P3. It's a fun alternative and you can fly indoors when the weather craps out for the P3.
Maybe not what you were seeking but it does fly rather well.

If you already have the drone you could also consider using the DJI simulator. It gives you the full experience the only issue is the lack of objects in game to crash into doesn't give you a chance to learn object avoidance. Maybe someone who actually has tried the simulator could back me up?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you already have the drone you could also consider using the DJI simulator. It gives you the full experience the only issue is the lack of objects in game to crash into doesn't give you a chance to learn object avoidance. Maybe someone who actually has tried the simulator could back me up?

I have tried it several times. It is fairly basic, but is a great supplemental activity to learn how different modes work with the P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl