What would be your reaction to this sale?

Funny, Fplvert. :D

The cynic in me wonders about this: the GPS, wifi and Naza modules were really smashed, yet the shell was intact. The only real damage was a crack in one of the arms out near the motor. If those modules were smashed, why wasn't the shell? Could he have taken broken parts from another crashed Phantom and put them in this one?

That's cynical, but I'm always too nice a guy.
Exactly what I was thinking! The damage looks intentional. That kid took you. I hope you get your money back.

Reactions: dirkclod
Funny, Fplvert. :D

The cynic in me wonders about this: the GPS, wifi and Naza modules were really smashed, yet the shell was intact. The only real damage was a crack in one of the arms out near the motor. If those modules were smashed, why wasn't the shell? Could he have taken broken parts from another crashed Phantom and put them in this one?

That's cynical, but I'm always too nice a guy.
Could it be the other way round? It was so smashed up that no one would touch it, so he used a replacement shell to make it more attractive.

Either way - you were done up like a kipper!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443252610.098237.jpg

I won't get my money back. Again, trying to be a nice guy, I sent the payment through Paypal, but not as a transaction. I sent it as a gift to friend or relative so the guy wouldn't have to pay the 3% Paypal transaction fee. I was nice to a guy who screwed me. Yeah, I'm still naive.

As for why I paid so much, the case is $180 new (about $120 used), the FlyTrex with Canbus adapter is about $200 new ($120 or so used), the iTElite is $98 new ($60 used?), and the two used batteries add about $100 to the value. I've purchased a V2P+ v3 from Hunch before for $500, and that was a good deal. I have extra shells, extra motors and ESC's, and other parts. And I repair gimbals and cameras sometimes. So, if it was as described, a couple of days or so of time, a little patience to wait for some good gimbal parts, and a little money would have yielded a package with a used value of about $900.

I'm selling the parts that work, which takes some time and effort to photograph, write descriptions for Ebay, pack and ship. I may come close to breaking even, if I don't count my time.

Man.Of.Kent, that's a possibility, although why he'd send a different shell when everything else was so bashed up doesn't make sense. If you're going to screw someone, why bother making the ripoff look nicer? He lied about one of the great batteries, so why not lie about the shell?

Reactions: 750r
I would never buy anything used without seeing pictures of the items for sale. Everyone has a camera these days so theres really no excuse not so post pictures of the items for sale.

I won't get my money back. Again, trying to be a nice guy, I sent the payment through Paypal, but not as a transaction. I sent it as a gift to friend or relative so the guy wouldn't have to pay the 3% Paypal transaction fee. I was nice to a guy who screwed me. Yeah, I'm still naive.

As for why I paid so much, the case is $180 new (about $120 used), the FlyTrex with Canbus adapter is about $200 new ($120 or so used), the iTElite is $98 new ($60 used?), and the two used batteries add about $100 to the value. I've purchased a V2P+ v3 from Hunch before for $500, and that was a good deal. I have extra shells, extra motors and ESC's, and other parts. And I repair gimbals and cameras sometimes. So, if it was as described, a couple of days or so of time, a little patience to wait for some good gimbal parts, and a little money would have yielded a package with a used value of about $900.

I'm selling the parts that work, which takes some time and effort to photograph, write descriptions for Ebay, pack and ship. I may come close to breaking even, if I don't count my time.

Man.Of.Kent, that's a possibility, although why he'd send a different shell when everything else was so bashed up doesn't make sense. If you're going to screw someone, why bother making the ripoff look nicer? He lied about one of the great batteries, so why not lie about the shell?
Right on kinda thought you where going for the cost of the extras just sucks you got what you got . Just click on the name and you can see how long a person has been around . Back in the day your right a hand shake was better than a contract we do not live in hem times anymore (sucks) I have a hard time trusting anyone now days .
Well he will get his he will not get anything out of this forum I hate dirty people .

Reactions: Fplvert
Personally, I would simply wipe my butt and take this as a very expensive lesson in life. You can use your energy doing something better than trying to change something that may not be worth it in the end.

Actually, Othan1, my goal was something other than changing something, and I think I've accomplished my goal.

Boom. Glad you could come out ahead.

Actually, Othan1, my goal was something other than changing something, and I think I've accomplished my goal.

Well, you asked what I would do. /shrug

Edit: So there's no confusion, I'm happy for you and I'm not saying that my way is better nor does it make me any better/worse person than you nor you to me. It is simply an opinion of one human being with different life experiences.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen