What would be your reaction to this sale?

Reaction score
Last week I purchased a crashed P2V+ v3 from a forum member. He posted it in a thread on the forum. In his post, he said it had a bad crash. He said it came with the v3 controller and wifi repeater, iTElite DBS Phantom antenna, HRSC hard case, three batteries with about 10-15 cycles on them,, a FlyTrex Live GPS black box, and prop guards. It also came with a new ESC card and a new central circuit board, which he was going to replace but never did.

He then said, "Now for what is broken that i know, The gimbal arm is bent, i do not know if camera still works or not. One arm of the body shell is bent from crash. And it needs 1 wire set from ESC to main board."

I paid him the $600 he was asking for.

When I received it, the bird was in pieces. I was pretty much expecting that. Two motors were seized up. No surprise.

What I wasn't expecting was a smashed wifi module, a smashed Naza flight controller, a broken GPS module, and one of the batteries punctured with bulged sides. The modules were clearly visible in the baggies he'd shipped them in or on the exposed circuit board, so the seller clearly saw what I saw. I'm attaching photos below, and in the first replies. As you might expect from the photos, none of these parts work. In addition to the broken connector on the GPS module, it also has a broken ceramic antenna.

I contacted him to say that I didn't think it was ethical to mention a couple of parts that are broken, but leave out the three most expensive parts inside the bird. Purchased used, the battery and the three modules would be $400 to $500.

His reply was that I bought it "as is", which is true. My take on this is that, when he was disclosing what was wrong with the Phantom, he should have disclosed parts that he could see were damaged, even if (as he claims) he didn't know what they were. (Hard to believe that considering he was planning on replacing the central board). The seller's position now is that it was an "as is' sale, and he was under no obligation to disclose the broken modules.

What would your reaction be, as a buyer or the seller in this?

Thanks for any replies.

battery.jpg

gps.jpg

naza1.jpg

Last edited:
Good grief, what did it run into, the Hulk? lol

I concur with wanting extensive pics. Even then I'd be nervous unless I could look at it in person first or had buyer protection like eBay.

If seller agreed to ship it back on my dime and get full refund, I'd be thrilled.

I think I would just get back to the seller and see if you 2 could work something out . When you said a member here it wasn't hard to see who it was in the thread where you bought it .
My reaction as the buyer would be ..why didn't I ask for more info on it .
My reaction as the seller would be....
running jack.gif

Reactions: Fplvert
He then said, "Now for what is broken that i know, The gimbal arm is bent, i do not know if camera still works or not. One arm of the body shell is bent from crash. And it needs 1 wire set from ESC to main board."

Sounds like the above statement left out some details that should have been disclosed.

Also the member had joined here on the 15th and you got with him on the 16th . I would be scared to buy anything that had been crashed from someone new that I didn't know from here .No telling what you will get as you did see . He might have joined just to get rid of that .
Just saying I have got lots of things here from members but I knew them .
He might not never log back on . Hate that's what ya got !
Good luck.

He is a young new member :eek:
I have to ask why would you buy a smashed up bird for more than you can get a new one ?
I agree with the hulk statement he ran into something full tilt to do the damage in your pics

He was deceptive....
You were not thorough.

Depending on how you paid for it you may be SOL.

That's a really bad deal! Hunch sells used WORKING P2V+ for $500.00
Sorry you got taken. I would also not buy from this guy.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sorry for your misfortune. Seems like an expensive lessoned learned if nothing else. Buying goods, let alone damaged goods is a risky proposition that would require a fair amount of information exchange. Do it through Pay-Pals as goods and they will usually back you. Even if you have them make a quick e-bay auction and offer to pay for the fees just to get the protection offered.

Did you use pay-pal to pay for it? If so, and properly purchased, they will most likely side with you.

LMAO It took him many whacks with that hammer to do anything I was hoping for him to give the battery a couple smacks :D

What junk, I wish I would have seen that video before I plunked down the wad of cash I did for my P3.
I bought the Phantom 3 strictly for hitting it with a hammer and running it over. Now I have cracks in the motor mounts and it drifts. DJI needs to step up and admit that there is a problem with the body. From now on I will only run over and beat with a hammer my 3DR SOLO. Bad DJI. Bad!!!!!!!!

You should know better than to buy from random person random goods that you haven't even seen pics of.

But yes, the guy is a fraud. He should be exposed here as a warning - full name - and banned.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the replies.

I've been buying online since there were online sales, and have had few problems, especially when buying from someone on a forum. If someone says something is such-and-such, it is, or word gets around. I didn't take notice of how new a member this was.

I'm an old guy (born before people had TV's), and grew up at a time when a handshake sealed a deal, and anyone who cheated eventually got his. I guess some of that naivete still has stuck with me.

That was one of the posts that sold me on buying new. No pics, no sale. Like stated above, contact PayPal or your bank and cancel the transaction and go from there if you get your money back. He should have come clean but you could see from his post that he was vague as can be. If he didn't deliberately try to take you then he would have worked with you.

Thanks for all of the replies.

I've been buying online since there were online sales, and have had few problems, especially when buying from someone on a forum. If someone says something is such-and-such, it is, or word gets around. I didn't take notice of how new a member this was.

I'm an old guy (born before people had TV's), and grew up at a time when a handshake sealed a deal, and anyone who cheated eventually got his. I guess some of that naivete still has stuck with me.
Sorry, friend, me too! But he'll get his!
image.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod and Reed L
Was he hitting that with a Nerf hammer? LOL. For Sale: Slightly used, some minor damage. :D

Funny, Fplvert. :D

The cynic in me wonders about this: the GPS, wifi and Naza modules were really smashed, yet the shell was intact. The only real damage was a crack in one of the arms out near the motor. If those modules were smashed, why wasn't the shell? Could he have taken broken parts from another crashed Phantom and put them in this one?

That's cynical, but I'm always too nice a guy.

Funny, Fplvert. :D

The cynic in me wonders about this: the GPS, wifi and Naza modules were really smashed, yet the shell was intact. The only real damage was a crack in one of the arms out near the motor. If those modules were smashed, why wasn't the shell? Could he have taken broken parts from another crashed Phantom and put them in this one?

That's cynical, but I'm always too nice a guy.
I bet Adam & Jamie would say it's

Screen-Shot-2013-10-23-at-5.45.31-PM-300x146.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen