What will happen on Jan. 7 now?? Is there MORE??

Reaction score
A few weeks ago there were several postings on here about some BIG News at the CES in Las Vegas... DJI was going to make some Major Announcement there...(stay tuned, etc..) But now, the Phantom 2 is out...so is there still anything to reveal??

Who has the inside story on this??

Topeeka said:
A few weeks ago there were several postings on here about some BIG News at the CES in Las Vegas... DJI was going to make some Major Announcement there...(stay tuned, etc..) But now, the Phantom 2 is out...so is there still anything to reveal??

Who has the inside story on this??

Nobody knows, but they still haven't announced a 3-axis GoPro gimbal
and apparently there's a rumored larger-hex to replace the S800

Also, unlike previous conventions, this one will feature a new company representing DJI-America, so should be interesting to see what they announce!

I believe its a 3 axis zenmuse for the phantom. Problem is the CM3000 is just a few bucks more than the current zenmuse. I don't know how they will be able to beat that price. So I'm thinking an overpriced 3 axis zenmuse around $900.

Gizmo3000 said:
Nobody knows, but they still haven't announced a 3-axis GoPro gimbal
and apparently there's a rumored larger-hex to replace the S800

There's some teaser shots up of what may or may not end up being the S1000: http://1uas.com/index.php?route=product ... ct_id=1189

I could have sworn I also saw some shots somewhere of the S800 getting a refresh that makes it look like an octo version of what you see there.

I'm also betting on the announcement of a 3-axis gimbal, and I have a feeling it'll come in right at the same price point the H3-2D was at before the recent drop.

As long as we are 'wishing / speculating' here are mine....

1 Gimbal mount that could be an 'upgrade' to the P2V. This would improve it's ability as a camera 'platform' immensely.

2. A camera / lens change with a narrower, i.e. less 'fish-eye' field of view.

3. Ability to remotely "Bracket" still image exposures. This would allow easy HDR operations and great images.

well if we are wishing, an all in one gimbal, fpv, iosd, ground station that you can just screw into the P2 and fly

It will be the official announcement of the S1000 octocopter. Also probably a 3-axis gimbal for the GoPro.

rilot said:
It will be the official announcement of the S1000 octocopter. Also probably a 3-axis gimbal for the GoPro.

That's my guess too, with the new A2 controller :)
I think I seen some pics of it, looks like the arms will/can fold down to make transporting easier :)

Morgan...I think the "Angle of View" that Butcher mentioned is only in the video options. The Small, Med, Large for stills will only change the resolution of the jpg image. I can't see any reason to use anything other than Large so as to get the best quality possible. Maybe if you were planning on downloading a LOT of images while in flight, it might be a time saver, but other than that, I think Large will always be the best choice.

Using a narrower angle for videos will help by cropping off some of the frame, but it does not change the focal length of the lens.

Hope this clears this up for you..

I've tested out the CM3000 (and broke it, getting it repaired)
It's amazing how it removes yaw wobble.

imagine DJI is coming out with their own version, but we'll have to wait and see

I opened up my PV to see what was inside and found there are quite a few free ports in there including a zenmuse labeled port so let's hope there is lots of cool add on items in the very near future for the PV.
I see on YouTube AWCinema has hooked up a zenmuse to the PV (they couldn't wait for the P2 I guess?) I'm hoping a bracket like what rotorpixle has created will be made so the Vision camera can be mounted to the Zenmuse.

Morgan 1983 said:
... I'm hoping a bracket like what rotorpixle has created will be made so the Vision camera can be mounted to the Zenmuse.

Something similar already exists: the DJI Phantom Vision Camera Gimbal from Drone Experts in Netherlands.

http://droneexperts.nl

Looks like a well made product ... thinking of getting one in a couple of months. Impressive demo video on site showing two Phantoms flying together, one with their gimbal, one with the stock gimbal on a windy day.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl