What to do now ?

Thats a valid address..i sent mine there then thy sent it to dji shenzhen..which i guess is the main repair centre...

Law is on your side.... but DJI will screw you somehow in this deal if it's not a valid address. They've got your money. I learned long ago, once they have your money, the only thing you can do is buy another one.
Oh I do have another one and it runs perfectly. Wish I could say the dame for this one :mad: I am still working with paypal they already said I get my cash back its just a matter of getting it back to DJI. I am trying now to get the ok from paypal to just send to California location. Just waiting on a reply as now one there works weekends I guess.The signature confirmation is the big issue as UPS USPS and FEDEX to not do that in Hong Kong they say.Not to mention it cost almost $300.00 to ship it that way . Strange when I can get a 10.00 item shipped free to USAo_O

One of the main reasons I ordered from Amazon.
Yep thats where my second one came from[emoji3]
Even got to use their exchange services due to the first one having the dreaded tilted horizon issue have to say it was top notch they sent me a new one as soon as I return one was picked up by FedEx

Last edited:
Bought from Best Buy. I had a camera issue right out of the box ....took it in....They exchanged it right then and there. Something to be said about brick and mortar still....

Reactions: skyhighdiver
They were told by a moderator, that they have no authority in this forum, and I haven't seen either of them in here since that post.
Probably won't ever return now. So you are better off contacting them at the forum.dji.com.
Only my Best wishes, to have your Phantom replaced..

RedHotPoker

+1 for Amazon. They are an amazing outfit for dealing with companies like DJI.

In this regard DJI is really crap! I cant wait for the GoPro to come out just so there are other options out there... I am on my 3rd Phantom and would jump ship tomorrow

Good luck, the law is on your side...should it ever get that far.

If bought the product from China to try to avoid paying the usual US retail price, then as with all electronics, cameras, etc, this means you almost certainly did not get the international warranty. That is a standard part of doing business over there, and I do a lot of business over there.

The "law" is not on your side, don't let anyone kid you about that. Unless you have an attorney in Hong Kong, who would probably get a kick out of the story.

Folks getting surprising prices on Amazon better check the "product ships from" line. If it is Hong Kong or mainland China, you are setting yourself up for a painful experience. Same thing with cheap propellers, by the way.

DJI facilities in the US are for R&D and also (limited, slow) warranty service to North America customers. You are not one of them... Unless you got the international warranty and then you would have paid the US price.

Good luck. Any other bargain shoppers out there should avoid making the same mistake.

Last edited:
If bought the product from China to try to avoid paying the usual US retail price, then as with all electronics, cameras, etc, this means you almost certainly did not get the international warranty. That is a standard part of doing business over there, and I do a lot of business over there.

The "law" is not on your side, don't let anyone kid you about that. Unless you have an attorney in Hong Kong, who would probably get a kick out of the story.

Folks getting surprising prices on Amazon better check the "product ships from" line. If it is Hong Kong or mainland China, you are setting yourself up for a painful experience. Same thing with cheap propellers, by the way.

DJI facilities in the US are for R&D and also (limited, slow) warranty service to North America customers. You are not one of them... Unless you got the international warranty and then you would have paid the US price.

Good luck. Any other bargain shoppers out there should avoid making the same mistake.
With respect, I've found that not to be true. I bought mine from Banggood a few months ago at a great price, even with import duties. After a few weeks I did have a gimbal issue - anyway, long story short....Where I bought it from didn't really matter, sent it to DJI in the Netherlands (I'm in UK) and was back on my doorstep fixed in less than 3 weeks.

With respect, I've found that not to be true. I bought mine from Banggood a few months ago at a great price, even with import duties. After a few weeks I did have a gimbal issue - anyway, long story short....Where I bought it from didn't really matter, sent it to DJI in the Netherlands (I'm in UK) and was back on my doorstep fixed in less than 3 weeks.

That's great. But I'm curious if you also had the international warranty included. Did you save much money by purchasing from them, compared to typically published prices?

I've reread my post, and I've come across as a bit smug which wasn't my intention at all!
...At the time they were much cheaper than anywhere else and I'd already used them a lot for other stuff, so I trusted them to deliver. Back in August, they were selling Advances for £645, not sure how much they are now (may be even cheaper). I did have to pay c£60 in duty, but still way short of the normal asking price. Took ages to arrive though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl