What to do now ?

Reaction score
I’ve now owned my P3P for almost Six months and have yet had the pleasure of using it, It's been either in there repair facility or in shipping to and from.

The original problem, which it had out of the box new , was a bad camera gimbal causing heavy jitters in all video this was there RMA # 61215221-150310.
There response to this after a total 10 weeks wait and two more with shipping and check in time.

D. S.August 24, 2015 15:17
Dear Paul *****,

Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the gimbal was faulty. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America

Upon opening the box and taking for a test flight the camera was now found to be way out of focus. I do not know if the camera and gimbal was replaced or just the gimbal. either way not fixed so back it went.

There RMA: 0903201589453-202647ESC

This time the turn around was a little quicker,3 weeks total but once again the quality control after repair and before shipping was lacking!

]Upon opening the box and testing the camera gimbal wanders around by itself no inputs,it goes left ,right up and down then settles in for awhile then starts it again

This makes it useless for video filming due to either being unleveled or just wandering around losing framing of subject. I have saved a video file for reference.

and yes All firmware was done as well as all calibrations !!
I own 2 others now as bought new P3 to fill the wait and have a p2v+

There response is to send it back again????

I can no longer sit back and just wait for them to get it right and continue to have no camera to use.

I love there products and own many but there repair and customer service is really lacking and I would like this insanity to stop!

Sending an item in 3 times to be fixed when it is brand new out of box and waiting 6 months is not acceptable customer care or product support
I have started a complaint with paypal and my credit card yet to see what happens there. Im not unreasonable at this point they can either refund me or send me a new unit.
This unit is either a lemon or there repair service sucks!

Video of current issue

Last edited:
I’ve now owned my P3P for almost Six months and have yet had the pleasure of using it, It's been either in there repair facility or in shipping to and from.

The original problem, which it had out of the box new , was a bad camera gimbal causing heavy jitters in all video this was there RMA # 61215221-150310.
There response to this after a total 10 weeks wait and two more with shipping and check in time.

D. S.August 24, 2015 15:17
Dear Paul *****,

Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the gimbal was faulty. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America

Upon opening the box and taking for a test flight the camera was now found to be way out of focus. I do not know if the camera and gimbal was replaced or just the gimbal. either way not fixed so back it went.

There RMA: 0903201589453-202647ESC

This time the turn around was a little quicker,3 weeks total but once again the quality control after repair and before shipping was lacking!

]Upon opening the box and testing the camera gimbal wanders around by itself no inputs,it goes left ,right up and down then settles in for awhile then starts it again

This makes it useless for video filming due to either being unleveled or just wandering around losing framing of subject. I have saved a video file for reference.

and yes All firmware was done as well as all calibrations !!
I own 2 others now as bought new P3 to fill the wait and have a p2v+

There response is to send it back again????

I can no longer sit back and just wait for them to get it right and continue to have no camera to use.

I love there products and own many but there repair and customer service is really lacking and I would like this insanity to stop!

Sending an item in 3 times to be fixed when it is brand new out of box and waiting 6 months is not acceptable customer care or product support
I have started a complaint with paypal and my credit card yet to see what happens there. Im not unreasnable at this point they can either refund me or send me a new unit.
This unit is either a lemon or there repair service sucks!

I would ask for a refund or a NEW phantom.

I've asked for a new unit but keep being put off by the support line staff. They won't put me through to a supervisor or someone who is authorized to make the decision. All they will tell me is that it's being looked at and that they will have me back in the air soon. Was thinking about going through my credit card company as well to see if they could help.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Yea that is unreal. Keep calling them until they tell you they will replace it. Call the us terminal out in CA if you are in the states. It should have been replaced last time

Yeah, after 3 times I would demand a new aircraft! They should just make the swap, then add a refurb line of products to their store after they have "thoroughly" rebuilt them. No need to make us wait that amount of time.

You're a patient man. I would've returned the first one for a refund instead of dealing with famously terrible DJI "service."

IMO, talk to credit card people and maybe you will get some resolution.

You sir are more patient than a Tibetan Monk.
I feel like writing them on your behalf and demanding they send you a new one.

I guess this was why Mr Thick Goldchain Man from China smashed his phantom 3
That video brought tears to my eyes.

Haha, **** what kind of shell does that guy have? Thing was solid as a brick. That hammer was just bouncing right off it

Reactions: Oso
Update
After days of back and forth and many document sent and resent PAYPAL has offered me a refund for my Lemon P3P. All I have to do is send it back to the address DJI has given is of course in Hong Kong I was hoping just to send it to DJI North America but NO
Any help from someone who has shipped to hong kong would be appreciated.
The catch is I have to have signature confirmation. as when I figure A box 16x16x9 11LBS on Fed Ex and Ups it like 800.00

Push to have it sent back to DJI in California.

Even if you bought it from Hong Kong, make it clear that DJI support is located in California and every problem and warranty you had to deal with thus far was sending it to California - not to Hong Kong - and that returning should be same. Keep pressing.

DJI shows through on their awesome customer support again. What an amazing company to do business with.

Since I live in the US, I have bought all of my Phantoms (P2V, P2V+, P2V2 and P3P) through various dealers in the US. This has meant that each time I get it a little later than some, but I never have problems like this. With my P2V, I had to send the camera back twice before I got one that was in focus across the whole frame. All e RC in Arizona was completely on top of that and handled it great. I bought the P2V+ from another dealer and the P2V2 and P3P from another - I like to spread the business around and listen when people post positive experiences with different dealers. Even though I end up waiting in the beginning, I would never buy from DJI direct, at least until they radically improve their customer service. Very sorry you had such a terrible experience. The P3 is an awesome platform assuming you get one that works. 125+ flights and counting, and over 350 more with the P2s!

As a consumer you are protected by your statutory rights and as such you are entitled to either a full refund or a complete replacement. I would for sure pursue this because you are in the right.

Maybe get back to them and tell them you are taking legal 'advice' on this matter, send an email, talk to them and write a letter (signed for), so you have all events covered.

I'm confident you will get a successful outcome.

Good luck!

As a consumer you are protected by your statutory rights and as such you are entitled to either a full refund or a complete replacement. I would for sure pursue this because you are in the right.

Maybe get back to them and tell them you are taking legal 'advice' on this matter, send an email, talk to them and write a letter (signed for), so you have all events covered.

I'm confident you will get a successful outcome.

Good luck!
UPDATE

THIS IS THE ADDRESS I WAS GIVEN TO RETURN IT TO BY PAYPAL

Return address:

www.dji.com

RM.901,9/F,Building 16W, Science Park West Avenue, Phase Three, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, New Territories, Hong Kong, 香港

well FedX and UPS both say its not a valid address so now its back to paypal for a hope of DJI north americia

UPDATE

THIS IS THE ADDRESS I WAS GIVEN TO RETURN IT TO BY PAYPAL

Return address:

www.dji.com

RM.901,9/F,Building 16W, Science Park West Avenue, Phase Three, Hong Kong Science Park, Pak Shek Kok, New Territories, Hong Kong, 香港

well FedX and UPS both say its not a valid address so now its back to paypal for a hope of DJI north americia
Good luck, the law is on your side...should it ever get that far.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Law is on your side.... but DJI will screw you somehow in this deal if it's not a valid address. They've got your money. I learned long ago, once they have your money, the only thing you can do is buy another one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl