What May Be U.S.’s First Drone-Linked Aircraft Crash Is Being Investigated

Well, it does seem kinda odd to have a trainee fling so low and close to objects that the experienced pilot couldnt even keep from crashing. Much less not even really sure what they hit. Why is saying bozo that bad. The whole situation sounds stupid and could have been avoided rather there was a drone involved or not.
Exactly ,just because someone once WAS a good pilot doesn't always mean they'll remain one for the rest of their lives , the pilot BLEW IT and he's just lookin for a scapegoat for his mistakes and blaming it on a drone is easily done thats all I'm sayin,
He most likely soon to be a member of this forum , maybe even a Mod with all the flying experience he has... :)

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Exactly ,just because someone once WAS a good pilot doesn't always mean they'll remain one for the rest of their lives , the pilot BLEW IT and he's just lookin for a scapegoat for his mistakes and blaming it on a drone is easily done thats all I'm sayin,
He most likely soon to be a member of this forum , maybe even a Mod with all the flying experience he has... :)

I agree. Whats the big deal that is appears the pilot was fling a manned aircraft in a manner and altitude that was unsafe when needed to avoid an abject (a drone so he's saying). I dont understand the reason to defend the pilot, drone in the area or not. An enexpected huge flock of birds taking fligh in front of him could have caused the same crash if because of altitude and or proximity to trees or any other crash causing objects would keep avoiding from happening safely. You would think a good and or experienced pilot would have safety on their minds at all times and use common since when fling, especially when training.

To many unknowns to make much of the judgements here.

As far as birds, they’re much smarter than some drone owners.

Reactions: joeyjan19
To many unknowns to make much of the judgements here.

Yes thats true but in reality our judgments here doesnt mean anything to the incident anyway. So in reality its nothing but a conversation piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy swerve to avoid hitting a grasshopper while driving on the highway too?
If he did and he wiped out he would be ticketed for "failure to maintain control of the vehicle" . The responsibility falls to the PIC to maintain control. In this case the instructor. I don't see a lot of wiggle room here.

Reactions: rehm70
Reactions: dirkclod
I’m still surprised. It is talking so much about irresponsible drone flying. The helicopter hit a tree. How did a drone operator do something wrong. Was he flying too high? He was allegedly seen. So, what would that prove? Maybe the FAA is wrong, by having two types of aircraft in the same fly zone? With helicopters flying below tree level, I do think there are going to be problems. Just my opinion, but I think that ,”IS STUPID “! Below TREE LEVEL is stupid.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro
Well written article. I'm a little surprised... pleasantly so.

Well thank you BA I pride myself in my writings and now all know my pen name.. Miriam McNapp
Ya got that **** right.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94