What kind of SD cards work with the P2+?

Reaction score
Hey guys - I have a the Vision+ and wanted to upgrade the SD card in it, so I bought a SanDisk Ultra Plus MicroSDXC 65GB card, but it wont work. It says that it formats it ok, but whenever I try to take pictures or video, I just get an "SD Card" error.

I'd like to get the highest capacity possible to increase my storage... what's the best I can get that works?

andyg said:
Hey guys - I have a the Vision+ and wanted to upgrade the SD card in it, so I bought a SanDisk Ultra Plus MicroSDXC 65GB card, but it wont work. It says that it formats it ok, but whenever I try to take pictures or video, I just get an "SD Card" error.

I'd like to get the highest capacity possible to increase my storage... what's the best I can get that works?

32 GB is Max / in the manual.

cougar said:
andyg said:

32 GB is Max / in the manual.

I have been using a SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSD XC1 and every now and then I get a "slow SD card" warning but other than that it has worked fine. I have not however written more than 32 GB to the drive. I'll try that this weekend.

D_Tshudy said:
I have been using a SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSD XC1 and every now and then I get a "slow SD card" warning but other than that it has worked fine. I have not however written more than 32 GB to the drive. I'll try that this weekend.

Interesting! Did you do anything special to format it before you started using it? Thanks for the info, regardless!

andyg said:

My manual for my + says it supports "up to 32gb SD card". Looks like you got one that's too big. Maybe take it back for a couple of smaller ones?

chris

andyg said:
D_Tshudy said:

Interesting! Did you do anything special to format it before you started using it? Thanks for the info, regardless!

I ALWAYS format my USB flash drives with the HP format tool. Other than that, nope.
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

D_Tshudy said:
andyg said:
D_Tshudy said:

I ALWAYS format my USB flash drives with the HP format tool. Other than that, nope.
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=197

So does that actually allow it to use 64GB?
I see it says it can make a FAT32 larger than 32GB.

4wd said:

I'll go try it now. I'll load up 40GB or so of data onto the drive and see if I can still record.

D_Tshudy said:
4wd said:

I'll go try it now. I'll load up 40GB or so of data onto the drive and see if I can still record.

I just verified that I am able to record video on a 64GB card with > 32 GB of data already on the card.

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 407
Mine won't read a 64 gig card at all. As the camera is only specified as 32-gig capable, it probably isn't a good idea to give people the idea that it works reliably on larger cards. Don't want someone losing their footage.

I'm using a (cheap) Microcenter branded 32GB card
http://www.microcenter.com/product/3852 ... Micro_SDHC)_Flash_Media_Card

I have been using the Microcenter branded cards for over 6 years in my business and have recorded thousands of hours of video, tens of thousands of photos, frequently formatting cards, and have only had 1 card fail (controller failed)

I use the 32GB card in my P2V+ only because I have a couple for my GoPro, otherwise I would use a 16 or 8. The 4GB card is too small unless y
ou are just putting around and taking a few photos/videos although personally, I rarely put more than 2GB on the card per flight.
It is a good practice to change cards or at least upload the data from the card between flights if possible since anything can happen and if the card is damaged or lost, anything on it is gone.

IMHO, 32GB is overkill.

That being said, I usually have a 32GB card in mine, only because I don't have any 16GB cards that aren't in use in other equipment. I always copy the new files over to my computer daily (not between flights though) and when there is 16-20GB on the card, I image (backup) the card, archive the backup and format the card in the Phantom.

YMMV

4wd said:
Yes I can't really see need for 32GB but the cards will likely outlast the device so may as well get a generous one.
They are good in other cameras such as my Drift Ghost which can more than half fill a 32GB on one battery charge left running.

That's why I use a 32 in mine... GoPro will fill it up in one charge (or come close to it)
But I also run my GoPro as a DashCam when in transit and have it plugged in to external power. Constantly filling the 32GB card with that

I think a 16GB card for the P2V+ would be ideal. You could burn through 3 batteries and not fill it completely

Dirty Bird said:
Mine won't read a 64 gig card at all. As the camera is only specified as 32-gig capable, it probably isn't a good idea to give people the idea that it works reliably on larger cards. Don't want someone losing their footage.

I completely agree. No nods to reliability or compatibility. Just sharing my experience for anyone else who may want to experiment..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl