What kind of drone should i buy?

Reaction score
I need a programmable drone (drones) for a sugar cane field surveillance. To know if any animal/person enters the territory at any time.
What would you recommend for this application?

I need a programmable drone (drones) for a sugar cane field surveillance. To know if any animal/person enters the territory at any time.
What would you recommend for this application?
HI drones good for that but fly time limited to batteries,,,not sure what longest fly time is but you might be better getting some sort of motion detection camera,,,drones are quite loud too especially when hovering..:)maybe electric fence

Reactions: embayweather
HI drones good for that but fly time limited to batteries,,,not sure what longest fly time is but you might be better getting some sort of motion detection camera,,,drones are quite loud too especially when hovering..:)maybe electric fence
Thanx ianzone. I have already considered many types of fences, but it is a really big extension and the cost is very high. Some friend told me to use some kind of drone with a IR camera to detect the heat of a body and then my people can act. instead of driving around to look for intruders.

Thanx ianzone. I have already considered many types of fences, but it is a really big extension and the cost is very high. Some friend told me to use some kind of drone with a IR camera to detect the heat of a body and then my people can act. instead of driving around to look for intruders.
Yip fences are expensive,,,not sure what drone you would use for this,,to keep a drone in the air all night would take a few batteries,,,,maybe some sort of inflatable device with camera stuck to it like a zeppelin air ship design of sorts,,,sorry not more help on this ,,hard to keep up with what on the market,,best of luck..I post if I find something :)

.....pardon me..., Matrice, or most models on up from there.
Options available are FLIR, night vision, zoom, and more.
They are becoming the standard for search and rescue, fire fighting, forestry, agriculture, etc.
Air time is only limited by the number of batteries you can keep in rotation.
This is all quite pricey, but if you get the equipment, send me a plane ticket and put me on your payroll, it could work.
Automatic weapons optional[emoji6]

Reactions: BCBasher
a local I just met is trying to connect his to a wired power source so it can be running until the motors die out. He thinks he is going to be able to lift 30 meters of wire for roaming property surveillance 24/7.

Tethered balloon/s with Flir or IR.

Programmable planes will be quiet and be able to cover greater area.

I agree with tethered balloon would be the most cost effective solution. It would stay aloft for a long time for very little cost.

Until bad guy cuts the line....just saying.
Otherwise, maybe use trail cams on obvious entry points.
They come now with software that triggers a live feed to pc or cell phone.

Tonio check out reallycooltoys.com. In particular see their "BMP" Scout series under gliders and planes.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen