What is your favorite thing about the Phantom 4/ flying drones in general?

Reaction score
FOR ME, it's the satisfaction that I can see and explore from a different point of view and that I have full control over how this copter moves and what it sees. I don't like flying missions, maybe I'm a control freak idk...

Share your favorite experiences!!!

Reactions: Hollywood
I bought mine just for fun. I'm a Correctional Officer, about as far from a photographer or filmmaker as you can get. I just enjoy flying and observing the area from above and taking pictures and video. Recently I've been making short "documentaries" on local landmarks and attractions.

I just bought a landing arm mounted flood light with up and down gimbal for filming at night. Gonna make some "documentaries" of local haunted places, we have plenty. First one will be the old slave barns and haunted troll bridge which goes over a fairly large creek that flows through a bunch of bottoms out in the middle of nowhere with tons of high overhanging trees, its very spooky at night, moive like. I look forward to flying the course of the creek just above the surface at night with the lights on. Should make for some excellent spooky footage.

Reactions: Sky Architect
I bought mine just for fun. I'm a Correctional Officer, about as far from a photographer or filmmaker as you can get. I just enjoy flying and observing the area from above and taking pictures and video. Recently I've been making short "documentaries" on local landmarks and attractions.

I just bought a landing arm mounted flood light with up and down gimbal for filming at night. Gonna make some "documentaries" of local haunted places, we have plenty. First one will be the old slave barns and haunted troll bridge which goes over a fairly large creek that flows through a bunch of bottoms out in the middle of nowhere with tons of high overhanging trees, its very spooky at night, moive like. I look forward to flying the course of the creek just above the surface at night with the lights on. Should make for some excellent spooky footage.

I would love to watch some of your work! I got it to fly. I love flying. And adventures. I'm slowly adapting to the editing process but it's a big learning curve for me. Slowly but surely.

Reactions: Hollywood
I would love to watch some of your work! I got it to fly. I love flying. And adventures. I'm slowly adapting to the editing process but it's a big learning curve for me. Slowly but surely.

I'm new to all this video editing stuff so I'm still working on my first upload but I did start a channel and upload a test video just to figure out how to use YouTube and movie maker lol.

Here is the link to my "channel" though its empty other then a test upload but if you want to subscribe feel free cause I should have my first real video up soon, hopefully this week.
Droned In Casey!

My first video will focus on the local attractions in my town.

See this page for said attractions.
Big Things in a Small Town | World's Largest

just getting together with a group and flying and shooting the bull

Attachments

• 20160828_105557.jpg
    20160828_105557.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 405
This was my first drone and I'm soooo hooked on this hobby. I've been spending wayyy to much money in accessories and I already want the inspire 1. But I have a feeling the inspire 2 is coming out soon so I'll hold off till Christmas. But I got it for flying and exploring. Sense then I've gotten into photography and editing. I sold my computer though so I'm doing everything from my iPad Pro 9.7 so I don't have crazy editing software yet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm new to all this video editing stuff so I'm still working on my first upload but I did start a channel and upload a test video just to figure out how to use YouTube and movie maker lol.

Here is the link to my "channel" though its empty other then a test upload but if you want to subscribe feel free cause I should have my first real video up soon, hopefully this week.
Droned In Casey!

My first video will focus on the local attractions in my town.

See this page for said attractions.
Big Things in a Small Town | World's Largest

I definitely subscribed. The only suggestions I have to you is to practice with your panning (the camera knob) making it slower and smoother. If you can get smoother transitions people will melt to watch your videos and that video seemed a bit over exposed. Too much white but the colors and shadows were on point. Good work so far. Your getting places lol. I subbed. I have a YouTube but it's dedicated to vaping knowledge... thinking about switching it up to phantom eyes in the future. Also word of warning... now that your YouTube video is Public and available for anyone to see... be careful of showing you flying over cars and people and 25' from streets. I do it but I don't share it lol. Maybe I'm paranoid but still. Big brother and all.

Looking forward to your future work!

just getting together with a group and flying and shooting the bull

I would love to get with a group around here. My gf hates hearing me talk about it. Lol... that's why I'm on the forums haha!!!

How does the xstar fly? The orange one

I definitely subscribed. The only suggestions I have to you is to practice with your panning (the camera knob) making it slower and smoother. If you can get smoother transitions people will melt to watch your videos and that video seemed a bit over exposed. Too much white but the colors and shadows were on point. Good work so far. Your getting places lol. I subbed. I have a YouTube but it's dedicated to vaping knowledge... thinking about switching it up to phantom eyes in the future. Also word of warning... now that your YouTube video is Public and available for anyone to see... be careful of showing you flying over cars and people and 25' from streets. I do it but I don't share it lol. Maybe I'm paranoid but still. Big brother and all.

Looking forward to your future work!

Like I said, I'm brand new to this lol, unboxed it Thursday lol so I know nothing on exposure or colors etc lol. Can you suggest a good editing program for pictures and videos? This was the one and only time I flew over town, besides when I start filming the world's largest but I have permission to do that from all local authorities and those involved. I also lowered the sensitivity on my pan wheel, etc cause I noticed that as well.

Thanks!

I would love to get with a group around here. My gf hates hearing me talk about it. Lol... that's why I'm on the forums haha!!!

How does the xstar fly? The orange one
its awesome my favorite drone

This was my first drone and I'm soooo hooked on this hobby. I've been spending wayyy to much money in accessories and I already want the inspire 1. But I have a feeling the inspire 2 is coming out soon so I'll hold off till Christmas. But I got it for flying and exploring. Sense then I've gotten into photography and editing. I sold my computer though so I'm doing everything from my iPad Pro 9.7 so I don't have crazy editing software yet

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My sister is a photographer so I am blessed with a wealth of knowledge at a click on my phone lol. She loves the drone and I've had it for 5 days. First drone ever and yes I want an inspire also... I followed dji advice on the website and downloaded the black magic software but I haven't opened it yet. I may just bumper my sisters adobe lughtbridge hehe

When I was a kid, I wanted to be pilot, more than anything. My mother joked that the first word out of my mouth wasn't mama or dada, but (pointing at the sky and squealing) plane!!! Then I found out that I'm severely red-green colorblind and can't be a commercial pilot. So that career path was ruled out. So in part, flying the drone is a small connection to what that child wanted.

It lets me see the world in a new way. Even the things I see every day have a different meaning to them from 200 feet in the air. It's easy to become jaded and not really see the world. I drive to work, I drive home, I drive to the grocery store, I drive to the mall, but I don't really see where I am. Flying a drone reconnects me to our world because it lets me see the world with fresh eyes.

It also connects me to a future that I'll never see. My intuition is that drones will be an ordinary part of everyday life. Need a shirt? An Amazon drone will drop it on your porch. Want to see Venice? You'll rent a drone in Venice that will give you a 3-D experience tailored to what you want to see. And I'm sure there are a thousand ways more that this technology will touch our lives that I can't even imagine right now.

Then, last but not least, I'm a computer nerd now instead of a pilot. Editing videos, controlling the drone, programming flight paths, and doing everything else associated with flying connects to that as well.

Best experience? The first time I got it up in the air. It felt like it was hundreds of feet in the air. It was absolutely amazing. A later review showed my maximum altitude was about 30 feet.

I know, all that's silly, but that's me.

its awesome my favorite drone

Compared to the p4? Or no? I was considering it but the bundle I got for my p4 was too good to pass up. I have 3 batteries and neck strap, custom foam hard case that has wheels, range booster, sun visor, high class 64gb SD card, CFeb blades... but those need balancing extremely bad... so I'm using stock again.

I am extremely interested in the xstar though

My sister is a photographer so I am blessed with a wealth of knowledge at a click on my phone lol. She loves the drone and I've had it for 5 days. First drone ever and yes I want an inspire also... I followed dji advice on the website and downloaded the black magic software but I haven't opened it yet. I may just bumper my sisters adobe lughtbridge hehe
I must have missed this advice, do you have a link? Sorry for kind of hijacking the thread.

Compared to the p4? Or no? I was considering it but the bundle I got for my p4 was too good to pass up. I have 3 batteries and neck strap, custom foam hard case that has wheels, range booster, sun visor, high class 64gb SD card, CFeb blades... but those need balancing extremely bad... so I'm using stock again.

I am extremely interested in the xstar though
if you get a chance find someone around that has one and fly it and hold it and you will see how nice it is

That is insane lol, con to living in a small town, its hard to find groups like this, they are usually 100s miles away.
yep its always a good time try and due it 1 or 2 times a month

When I was a kid, I wanted to be pilot, more than anything. My mother joked that the first word out of my mouth wasn't mama or dada, but (pointing at the sky and squealing) plane!!! Then I found out that I'm severely red-green colorblind and can't be a commercial pilot. So that career path was ruled out. So in part, flying the drone is a small connection to what that child wanted.

It lets me see the world in a new way. Even the things I see every day have a different meaning to them from 200 feet in the air. It's easy to become jaded and not really see the world. I drive to work, I drive home, I drive to the grocery store, I drive to the mall, but I don't really see where I am. Flying a drone reconnects me to our world because it lets me see the world with fresh eyes.

It also connects me to a future that I'll never see. My intuition is that drones will be an ordinary part of everyday life. Need a shirt? An Amazon drone will drop it on your porch. Want to see Venice? You'll rent a drone in Venice that will give you a 3-D experience tailored to what you want to see. And I'm sure there are a thousand ways more that this technology will touch our lives that I can't even imagine right now.

Then, last but not least, I'm a computer nerd now instead of a pilot. Editing videos, controlling the drone, programming flight paths, and doing everything else associated with flying connects to that as well.

Best experience? The first time I got it up in the air. It felt like it was hundreds of feet in the air. It was absolutely amazing. A later review showed my maximum altitude was about 30 feet.

I know, all that's silly, but that's me.

Ever since I was 12 years old I had dreams of becoming a pilot, I'm 24 now and regrettably passed up my only opportunity to be one. It's possible I still could but going back to the subject matter...

I would always tinker around with electronics and rc cars and taking apart computers and rebuilding them. For me making things run better is a second passion to flying. I played many video games and at one point that was my job. I made some money playing fps shooters and getting on teams for tournaments. My main role in halo and bf3 was the pilot.

Yes it was silly but it was my job and I took it seriously. I am beyond expert level of flying things in video games lol. Doesn't really transfer on a resume though so I later joined the Navy. I am as of recently a separated veteran. With the money I saved up I got my p4 and I don't regret a thing about it.

It's the best experience seeing things from the sky and it honestly humbles you down to see just how small your world really is. I can totally relate to everything you have stated with the exception of being colorblind. I really would love to do this for a living.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl