What is the best mini/nano drone?

Reaction score
What is the best mini/nano drone preferably with FPV/cam but not a must? Really just want something to fly around the house with my baby boy!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello,
You'll get many opinions with this thread.

But I like this one ( no FPV, but does have a camera, it is like $70 us from ( banggood.com )

WlToys V222

Look it up, it is cheap, flies GREAT, parts are cheap, super easy to work on or fix, and there are several SWEET attachments.
1) water canon ( shoots a stream of water from bird
2) bubble blower ( self explanatory )
3) missle gattling gun
4) hook and basket ( hook goes up-down to pick stuff up )
5) projector
6) camera w/ sd card
Ect, attachments are like $7 each

I learned on one, now have 3 of them, 6 axis gyro.

Just a suggestion!

Good luck
J Dot

Ps/ wanted to add if you buy it with missle launcher, BUY EXTRA MISSLES! Lol shoots 6 at a time, and they fly everywhere!

Reactions: Maverick81
Any variant of the Hubsan X4!

There is a basic one ($30-40), several different resolution cameras ($50-80), and a few real-time FPV models ($110+).
Great little quad, super-maneuverable and has replaceable cheap batteries.

Check my SIG. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Was that too difficult for you to read? ;-) I'm not sure what the question is... Anyway, if you are completely new to this hobby:
Blade mQX
Heli-Max 1SQ
Traxxas QR-1

So Yes three Q's, for the three ???. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Was that too difficult for you to read? ;-) I'm not sure what the question is... Anyway, if you are completely new to this hobby:
Blade mQX
Heli-Max 1SQ
Traxxas QR-1

So Yes three Q's, for the three ???. ;-)

RedHotPoker

must be a newbie thing because i was completely lost when you wrote check my SIG... still don't get it but thanks anyway lol [emoji106]

Check his signature at the bottom of his post. (It is somewhat like learning a new language, ain't it)

Check his signature at the bottom of his post. (It is somewhat like learning a new language, ain't it)

so.... what does redhotpoker have to do with my question in this thread?

His signature lists several good drones that might fit your need.

so.... what does redhotpoker have to do with my question in this thread?

gotchya thanks! lol yeah i would have never guessed

These are the three smaller models I have & they each have helped me learn the basics of flying, and mostly always indoors. Those and the RealFlight program.

Blade mQX
image.jpeg

Blade mQX RTF (BLH7500): Blade - #1 By Design

Heli-Max 1SQ
image.jpeg

Helimax 1SQ Quadcopter

Traxxas QR1
image.jpeg

QR-1: Quad-rotor Helicopter. Ready-to-Fly (RTF) | Traxxas

RedHotPoker

BTW the Traxxas QR-1 is just a rebranded Hubsan X4, compare the bodies and controllers... lol

Or the other way around... I Think the Traxxas was released first.
Anyway, if you buy a train car full, you can have your own name on them... Hahaha There were three or four mini models that had that exact same design. "Great Hobbies", carry Traxxas.
I bought a toaster in Eatons once, and there were two on the shelf, they looked identical, except the leaver to push down the toast were different colours and the brand names were too. I bought the cheaper priced one. ;-)

RedHotPoker

These are the three smaller models I have & they each have helped me learn the basics of flying, and mostly always indoors. Those and the RealFlight program.

Blade mQX
View attachment 43806
Blade mQX RTF (BLH7500): Blade - #1 By Design

Heli-Max 1SQ
View attachment 43807
Helimax 1SQ Quadcopter

Traxxas QR1
View attachment 43808
QR-1: Quad-rotor Helicopter. Ready-to-Fly (RTF) | Traxxas

RedHotPoker

which do you like best out of the 3? Which ones battery lasts the longest?

Ended up going with this one. Hope it's decent. It has the FPV on cell phone feature which i liked and its really small. Thanks for all the other suggestions!

faf5206ee2566f6df980a3aa07271473.jpg

Reactions: Jussaguy
Glad you have it all sorted out. Batteries in these micro drones, are not for a long term flight plan. ;-)
You might get three or four happy minutes, before the lights blink, or it simply lands. Buy several batteries, for extended fun... Haha

RedHotPoker

What is the best mini/nano drone preferably with FPV/cam but not a must? Really just want something to fly around the house with my baby boy!

It's not a nano but I would get the Syma. It won't hurt him if it hits him and it's fun and easy to fly.

I also have the Proto X and the Hubsan nano one and a couple other nanos but my favorite to break out with my little 3.5 year old girl is still the Syma (I have the X5SW, and they make one for like $20 that has crappy FPV). I absolutely love that quad. You can get it for $50. Pound for pound, or I should say dollar for dollar, I don't think there is a more fun drone to fly. So simple and easy to fix if you break motors and stuff. I love it.

EDIT: I just saw the one you went with. It definitely looks cool and if it's a good one, it's good for the money. Just a heads up, those little ones are not easy to fly IMHO. First just try hovering and move from there. Don't forget trim.

Strongly recommend Blade Nano Qx. Hovers like it had gps, almost unbreakable.
I have never broken a prop or motor and I fly it every day

What was I thinking? You are definitely right. This is the best nano. This thing is so fun and it lands inverted and keeps flying. So awesome.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl