What is the best mini/nano drone?

It's not a nano but I would get the Syma. It won't hurt him if it hits him and it's fun and easy to fly.

I also have the Proto X and the Hubsan nano one and a couple other nanos but my favorite to break out with my little 3.5 year old girl is still the Syma (I have the X5SW, and they make one for like $20 that has crappy FPV). I absolutely love that quad. You can get it for $50. Pound for pound, or I should say dollar for dollar, I don't think there is a more fun drone to fly. So simple and easy to fix if you break motors and stuff. I love it.

EDIT: I just saw the one you went with. It definitely looks cool and if it's a good one, it's good for the money. Just a heads up, those little ones are not easy to fly IMHO. First just try hovering and move from there. Don't forget trim.

What was I thinking? You are definitely right. This is the best nano. This thing is so fun and it lands inverted and keeps flying. So awesome.

Hey thanks for the feedback and sorry for the newb question but what exactly is the trim setup for? Saw that in the instructions last night. And yes you are right definitely hard to keep in flight lol but he was lovin it and just staring at it in awe!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's not a nano but I would get the Syma. It won't hurt him if it hits him and it's fun and easy to fly.

I also have the Proto X and the Hubsan nano one and a couple other nanos but my favorite to break out with my little 3.5 year old girl is still the Syma (I have the X5SW, and they make one for like $20 that has crappy FPV). I absolutely love that quad. You can get it for $50. Pound for pound, or I should say dollar for dollar, I don't think there is a more fun drone to fly. So simple and easy to fix if you break motors and stuff. I love it.

EDIT: I just saw the one you went with. It definitely looks cool and if it's a good one, it's good for the money. Just a heads up, those little ones are not easy to fly IMHO. First just try hovering and move from there. Don't forget trim.

What was I thinking? You are definitely right. This is the best nano. This thing is so fun and it lands inverted and keeps flying. So awesome.

So do you think the blade nano qx is better than the syma? Are there any that will hover in place on their own similar to DJI?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Smaller drones generally don't have the processors that their big brothers and sisters carry.
So you need to actually fly it, hands on. But that's the whole idea, to learn how to fly. Right?

Trim tabs are to keep the drone flying in the true direction you send it.
For instance, if you were hovering and it was drifting to the left, you can use the trim tabs to bring it back right, to centre. For Fine correcting adjustments, when it works correctly.
We have GPS in the Phantom so they are much more steady in the air. Now if you switch your Phantom 3 into ATTI mode, you will need to be more attentive and aggressive on the sticks in keeping it controlled. Good to practice this, for when the satalites actually do go out... ;-)
When you let go of the sticks now, it generally stops pretty fast. In ATTI mode, you need to push or pull back on the stick softly, in the opposite direction, in order to stop it traveling. As well, good to be aware of the wind, as it will drift your drone much easier, with the moving air currents, without a proper GPS lock.
Have a go with the onboard flight SIM program, and try out various scenarios. Practice pain free, and learn how different scenarios, can be corrected that will make your drone flying safer, more fun for you and with much less stress, worry-less. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Reactions: Maverick81

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20