Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What is the best lipo for Phantom available in the UK?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jmm_jammy, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Jmm_jammy

As the title says, what is the best lipo available for the phantom in the UK?
    That will fit a standard Phantom 1, and by best I mean gives the longest flight time from a single lipo.

I've been searching and it seems the Maddog lipo is best but.... Not available in the UK!

Thanks

2. amrflyingdude

It really depends on your total weight. Zippy flightmax 2800 gave me 13 minutes when I had my go pro with the clear case mounted straight in to my P1. the I added a gimbal and FPV and I get 8minutes with a tweaked Low Voltage Alarm.

The battery weighs 230 grams so if you have a somewhat light bird it really does well

3. DanCH

This one seems good:

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/batter ... nt-battery

But I haven't bought any myself yet. I do plan to get 2-3 in a few weeks, after reading a thread where a guy tested that the battery did indeed give the claimed improvement of 22% longer flight time. This upgrade paired with PV2 props (if you have a v1.1.1) seems to be the easiest way to add 5 mins flight time.

4. FC40 Pilot

In the same quandary! With a phantom weighing aroud 1.2kg need to look at weight vs capacity for increase flight

5. Jmm_jammy

My phantom weighs 1086g inc. lipo, zenmuse, mini iosd, vtx, GoPro

I have upgraded to the P2 props which was +2 minutes, flight time currently just over 8min until first warning.

I have order 2x of the lipo from firstpersonview, I will put up my experience once tested.

6. ElGuano

That's a very light setup. I'd suspect you could almost hit 10min with the stock DJI 2200.

7. Jmm_jammy

Not sure about 10 min, I'd definitely use more than 80% if I did.
    I think I may squeeze more out if I change the default gains, but not sure what to, at my weight.