What is that noise?

Reaction score
The noise the gimbal makes a few seconds after start up (just after the loud beeps). It's the same noise it makes when updating the firmware.

I have noticed mine makes this when I move it when it's on. Was testing some video settings so took my P3 for a walk around the neighbourhood. Occasionally when I moved it it would make that buzz....what is it?

Basically, the noise itself is created by the closed-loop control system trying to maintain position. The cause of this can be friction, [back]lash, imbalance, or other physical influences which the system is having to counteract.

If you have other r/c experience with servos the same [noise] can be 'created' by trying to move a servo by hand whilst powered-up.

Last edited:
Basically, the noise itself is created by the closed-loop control system trying to maintain position. The cause of this can be friction, [back]lash, imbalance, or other physical influences which the system is having to counteract.

If you have other r/c experience with servos the same [noise] can be 'created' by trying to move a servo by hand whilst powered-up.
Thank you . Nothing to worry on then?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl