What is CSC?

CSC is where you bring both sticks down fully and to the corners. This is used to start the motors. It can also be used to stop the motors quickly. Just don't do it while flying.
There's more than one way to CSC your drone:

CSC.jpg

There's more than one way to CSC your drone:

CSC.jpg
Page 48 of the manual only shows C and A for stopping. Where'd you see the other two?

Page 48 of the manual only shows C and A for stopping. Where'd you see the other two?
Don't know where he saw it but I just tried it and it does .

Wow! Thanks guys. Not sure I'd maneuver that way anyway, but **** good to know. Can't believe it's not in the manual.

Reactions: dirkclod

Dirk, he saw it in TFM. You did RTFM didn't you? :D

Probably a P2 v P3 thing.

Sorry man, Mal made me do it.

Wow! Thanks guys. Not sure I'd maneuver that way anyway, but **** good to know. Can't believe it's not in the manual.
I didn't know it ether but my bird is sitting here my desktop so I tried it and :eek:

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
CSC = Crash Synchronization Command

The CSC makes it easier for one or more P3's to spontaneously fall at the same time with perfect synchronization. Simply run the P3 (or p2 variant) up to a sufficient height and then all pilots bring both sticks down and to the corners (any bottom corner) and the motors will all stop simultaneously for a few seconds of blissful silence until all of the phantoms hit the ground and shatter into many pieces...

:p

Reactions: dirkclod
Mine is the Phantom 2 NV. Did you try the "missing" CSC's on your P3?

CSC = Crash Synchronization Command

The CSC makes it easier for one or more P3's to spontaneously fall at the same time with perfect synchronization. Simply run the P3 (or p2 variant) up to a sufficient height and then all pilots bring both sticks down and to the corners (any bottom corner) and the motors will all stop simultaneously for a few seconds of blissful silence until all of the phantoms hit the ground and shatter into many pieces...

:p
When I read of someone spontaneously crashing during a landing, I can't help but think they inadvertently hit a CSC stick combination. You hold the left stick down for landing and use the right stick to maneuver to your landing target. Then you add some yaw to keep your orientation, then boom, you just entered a CSC and you crash.

I don't know anyone who has tried it, but in theory you can CSC your phantom to drop like a rock from a high altitude then use CSC again to restart the motors before you crash.

I can't believe you think it isn't in the manual .... Perhaps you need to do some revision
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

Everyone says to refer to the flight manual for everything.
The fact is the flight manual has very little information in it. It's not much of a manual.
You do realise that the manual didn't come in the box with your Phantom don't you?
You have to go to dji.com to download it.
http://download.dji-innovations.com...en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf

I did download it. Perhaps I missed a revision.

Edit: I have ver 1.0. That explains it. Thanks.

I can't believe you think it isn't in the manual .... Perhaps you need to do some revision
i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

You do realise that the manual didn't come in the box with your Phantom don't you?
You have to go to dji.com to download it.
http://download.dji-innovations.com...en/Phantom_3_Advanced_User_Manual_v1.2_en.pdf
I see it's in the manual, just not the other CSCs. The 4 o'clock 4 o'clock and 8/8 are not in the new one either. Probably from another DJI quad. I don't doubt they work though.

I see it's in the manual, just not the other CSCs. The 4 o'clock 4 o'clock and 8/8 are not in the new one either. Probably from another DJI quad. I don't doubt they work though.
The reason the other CSC positions are not in the P3 manual is that they apply to the Phantom 2 but DO NOT apply to the Phantom 3.
It's very simple to test for yourself .. no props and see which positions turn your motors on/off.
On mine it is only the two positions shown in the manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94