What is CSC?

The reason the other CSC positions are not in the P3 manual is that they apply to the Phantom 2 but DO NOT apply to the Phantom 3.
It's very simple to test for yourself .. no props and see which positions turn your motors on/off.
On mine it is only the two positions shown in the manual.

Okay, my confusion was due to another post that said he tried it on the P3. I will try it myself. But thanks for the clarification.

When I read of someone spontaneously crashing during a landing, I can't help but think they inadvertently hit a CSC stick combination. You hold the left stick down for landing and use the right stick to maneuver to your landing target. Then you add some yaw to keep your orientation, then boom, you just entered a CSC and you crash.

I don't know anyone who has tried it, but in theory you can CSC your phantom to drop like a rock from a high altitude then use CSC again to restart the motors before you crash.

I've heard rumors of someone doing an intentional CSC at altitude and then successfully restarting and pulling out. The rumors also had them starting at 1200', but never mentioned the height they managed to pull out at. I imagine the Phantom can lose a lot of altitude while you are waiting for the motors to restart and praying the controller can right the bird.

Try it on the ground without props. How fast can you CSC the motors off then back on. About three seconds? Your Phantom will drop 200 ft in that three seconds. The Phantom can recover pretty quickly, so if you are dropping from 3,000 ft you should be OK if you start recovery at 1,000 ft.

Let us know how well the theory works.

Reactions: ctp
Why are you at 1000 feet to start with?

Let me take a stab at some of the answers for this....

"Because, it's my drone, and I can do what I want!"
"I ain't letting 'the man' tell me what I can't do!"
"Anyone find a way to bypass the 400m limit?"
"What is CSC?"

Let me take a stab at some of the answers for this....

"Because, it's my drone, and I can do what I want!"
"I ain't letting 'the man' tell me what I can't do!"
"Anyone find a way to bypass the 400m limit?"
"What is CSC?"
What's a bin?

There's more than one way to CSC your drone:

CSC.jpg
Hey Steve, ya done good and didn't have to cut and paste 300 words. Well done. I like it when you get right to the point. :D

So, is this like "NO means NO", "DOWN means DOWN"? lol

Good advice! Almost didn't keep reading through the snark and other garbage here to find it.

OP, I knew what it did, not what it stood for. You're not alone.

Also if you haven't already. Download the complete manual from the DJI web site. The one in the box is a quick start manual.

Good luck

Oh my, well after laughing hysterically for a few minutes, I have to say, don't take it personally Horton. They did it to me too when I was new. So, while your reading and getting tired and bored, just come back and read this thread, it should crack you up and help you wake up so you can go back to reading the manual some more.

We're still working on the ChinEnglish dictionary. Will keep you posted.

Going back to laughing now. :p

Thats alright, the nerds crack me up!

Reactions: IflyinWY
I did download it. Perhaps I missed a revision.

Edit: I have ver 1.0. That explains it. Thanks.
CSC has been around for years. It has been in use since ESC''s have been used in RC aircraft. It is in all RC manuals, you must have missed it. Don't skim the manual, read it. ;)

Also, lets keep this informative for new users or you guys will have to deal with it being asked over & over when new members don't want to read through all the horsing around. On topic please.

CSC has been around for years. It has been in use since ESC''s have been used in RC aircraft. It is in all RC manuals, you must have missed it. Don't skim the manual, read it. ;)

Also, lets keep this informative for new users or you guys will have to deal with it being asked over & over when new members don't want to read through all the horsing around. On topic please.

I didn't skim that manual, I read it thank you very much. There was disinformation on what CSC is on the P3. Appartently posted from another model's manual. The P3 has only 2 ways illustrated. When I saw that other diagram, I thought maybe there was a revision I missed.

I gotcha. So you are saying the P3 does not use all corners? Interesting, I did not know that. I have only seen it used like the diagram above. What does the P3 manual say about it?

Just the two bottom corners as in 5 and 7 o'clock and 7 and 5 o'clock.

Edit: my P2 Vision shows only the 5-7 combo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31