What if it has shell cracks?

Reaction score
So my refurb P3S will be arriving soon and I was wondering what should I do if it shows up with shell cracks?

Your refurb P3S is covered under DJI's warranty -- since you bought it from DJI. If you have any problems with it, you'll need to contact DJI support and go through the usual process.

Reactions: SamNetwork
I just went through (4) Four Standards (all brand new) that developed cracks after as little as 2 flights and as much as 8 flights. All flown very gently.
I would heed the advice that the gentlemen above gave you and return it. After every flight check with a magnifying glass for tiny cracks.
If that quad loses a motor it will fall from the sky like a brick.
YMMV....Good Luck and I hope you get a good one....

Reactions: SamNetwork
Should I loosen the screws at the motors very slightly to reduce stress on the plastic? By slightly I mean <1/4 turn.

I tried that on the 3rd phantom that cracked. Didn't do a **** thing.....Still cracked at the motor screws.

Now the the P3's that are being manufactured now have a different plastic that won't crack?

The new shell design has been reinforced in some areas, but that has not prevented it from cracking. It seems to have greatly reduced the chance of cracking though.

DJI is using different plastic in the Phantom 4 shell. It seems to be holding up well for almost everyone so far.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl