What happens with all exchanged P4s?

Reaction score
I can't remember another product from dji that had as many returns/exchanges as the P4.
On the other hand I have not seen a market of refurbished P4s, so I am wondering:
What happens with all those P4s?
Are they returned to inventory?
Are they being scrapped?
Any ideas?

I'm assuming DJI uses them for repairs/replacements since their warranty mentions the following:

"Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products."

Reactions: Jussaguy
I would think, if they're defective, they would submit them to their technical dept for evaluation then scrap. Or maybe they just replace what's wrong, if anything, and sell as refurbished. I really doubt DJI would take a defective unit, fix it, then try to sell it as new.

I'm assuming DJI uses them for repairs/replacements since their warranty mentions the following:

"Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products."
This is what happens. But who knows in reality.

I would think, if they're defective, they would submit them to their technical dept for evaluation then scrap. Or maybe they just replace what's wrong, if anything, and sell as refurbished. I really doubt DJI would take a defective unit, fix it, then try to sell it as new.
They might use parts and then it wouldn't technically be refurbished? Not sure but I don't think they can take the loss of all those returns.

The good news is they are selling very well.

Reactions: TWP723
The ones returned in NY are sold in CA???:eek:

Most likely the same that happens with returned phones. If they're fixable, they're fixed and graded (A,B,C) based mostly on cosmetic appearance. When you send in for repair, you may end up with one with a similar level of wear and tear.

Reactions: TWP723
From what I understand in Canada imported goods that have been refurbished do not need any labeling that it is refurbished. You just would not know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl