What are these under the motor ?

Reaction score
What are the plastic pieces mounted under the motors for ? Just sold a phantom 3 standard to get an advance and curious before i purchase ?? thanks all
p3question.jpg

You can attach prop guards to them.

Reactions: Squirrel!
It's certainly a valid question. Most Phantoms do not have those installed.

Some people do keep them installed for that purpose. There's really no evidence to prove it's helpful though.

IMO the strong arms from Infinity Hobby are the best strong arms out there. I've been using them for a better part of the year now and I have no cracks. If u want to read more posts about them search " strong arms "...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

IMO the strong arms from Infinity Hobby are the best strong arms out there. I've been using them for a better part of the year now and I have no cracks. If u want to read more posts about them search " strong arms "...

I've not used anything for the better part of a year now and I have no cracks either. Unfortunately, there are others that have fitted strong arms and they have still suffered cracks.

I've not used anything for the better part of a year now and I have no cracks either. Unfortunately, there are others that have fitted strong arms and they have still suffered cracks.

I agree with u that some people have develop cracks while using them. I was just giving my opinion on the subject. Just saying that if u use strong arms, the ones from Infinity Hobby are very good, easy install and fit well. I read a lot of posts, many of them are from u because your posts have very good information and are very helpful to others, including me. In my post I said the strong arms from Infinity Hobby are the best out there, IMO, so who ever reads this can you make a decision on whether or not they decide to use them...

I agree with u that some people have develop cracks while using them. I was just giving my opinion on the subject. Just saying that if u use strong arms, the ones from Infinity Hobby are very good, easy install and fit well. I read a lot of posts, many of them are from u because your posts have very good information and are very helpful to others, including me. In my post I said the strong arms from Infinity Hobby are the best out there, IMO, so who ever reads this can you make a decision on whether or not they decide to use them...

Totally agree and ideally "prevention rather than cure" is the way to go too. But if there are inherent problems with say bubbles being formed in the plastic during the injection process, or deformation, poor flow or temperature that is too high/low, the material is then inherently weak and that is why issues still occur even if strong arms or similar have been fitted.

Please remember that if you remove them DO NOT RE-USE THE SCREWS as they are longer to accommodate the thickness of the prop holders, you will need to purchase original sized screws. If you re-use the screws they WILL DAMAGE your motors.

GREAT ADVICE original owner should clearly state that... Also... not all prop guards will fit - I know because I broke one in an accident and so ordered a new, different color, set thinking I can just use the prop guards and keep the mounts already installed... but noooooo had to change the mounts also.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Some people do keep them installed for that purpose. There's really no evidence to prove it's helpful though.

I wouldn't say it's so helpful to keep it FROM cracking.. But I would def say it would help once it's already cracked.. Because it will give that extra support for the motors/arm plastic.. Thus strengthening it.

As msinger said tho.. There really is no solid proof that it has helped it to NOT crack.

Also there are company's already that make plastic pieces with longer motor bolts for this very reason. To strengthen the arms/motor mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have had my P3P for 18 months plus and multiple flights with no cracks and nothing special done. Just one of the lucky ones, I guess.

I fitted ones just like those to my P3P and only used the guards while 'training'. They were never needed but I have left them on with no noticeable problems or crackings anywhere on the arms. I have just flown over the 200 mile mark and loving every minute!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94