Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

What about the August firmware?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ImJim, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ImJim

I saw on the DJI website that a new P3P and P3A firmware was released August 4. Anyone did the update?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

Well, welcome to the party :)

I updated. All went well for me.

3. xave

Late to the party....

4. ImJim

Yup, really late to the party, I'm in Corsica right now and he only network I have is 3G on my iPad :D So I'll try to find some wifi hotspot and download everything.

First update the bird (the battery will also be updated automatically) then update the transmitter? Am I right?

5. ImJim

Did you notice any improvement?

6. xave

Correct

7. ImJim

And ... For the DJI GO app that I didn't even download yet, should I update the app first?

8. msinger

Approved Vendor

9. xave

10. ImJim

11. xave

The vps issues I was having we're corrected. So far I haven't noticed anything bad but still evaluating. Good luck

It should be noted however that some are reporting over heating issues with their iPads due to the app requiring more resources. I'm not sure how accurate that is. I've never had any crashes as of yet.

12. tomtnt

I wonder why they bothered releasing this "interim" firmware when the next firmware with autonomous flight features is supposed to be released "shortly"? Unless shortly = 2+ months as has been their track record for firmware releases....

13. xave

Following the other threads, sources are saying the release will bring many awaited new features. Rumored to be within the next 2 weeks. Who knows if that's accurate

14. ImJim

2 weeks bro, not 2 months :)

15. The Risk

I did the upgrade all went well checked the txt file shows success I then did rc all good . Then...... Started bird up , no blinking lights an insanely loud beeping noise ...... Can't start her up now I get a need camera and gimble upgrade wtf was fine before

16. tcope

You mean the features that were supposed to be included with the release 2 months ago?

One rumor is this week, another rumor is 2 weeks. It will happen when it happens but IMHO, you can never know with DJI.

17. JamesD

I'm currently holding my breath waiting for the next FW upgrade and all the neat promised new features...

My guess is it won't be shortly. Why would they release last week's, only to release another fairly soon after? It's not like upgrading takes a minute or two. On top of that, I'm sure the DJI CS and/or support departments get swarmed with calls shortly after FW releases.

2 weeks? I can only hope.

JD

18. The Risk

Insane been sorted, found a thread on the dji forum seems it's a problem that manifests itself. So if anyone gets the insane constant loud beeb . Clean sd card. Add bin file . Power up and when it starts the insane beep , put it the garage and after 15 min it's back to normal . Check led for green on the gimble and good to go