Weirdness after DJI Go4 Installation

Ohhh quick question though...is the log file visible when I plug the iPad into my PC?

I am disgusted with DJI 4. Disappearing maps, strange errors, Strange warnings. So. I use Litchi 99% of the time. Google maps clean interface and programmable missions. I thought I would find tripod mode useful, but no. If you learn how to properly fly, you do not need tripod mode.
Hey I own litchie app but never really used it how safe is it Does the return home work correctly with p4 I'm wondering if I give litchie a try with p4 will it stop this problem with my gimble looking at the landing gear .thanks

Hey I own litchie app but never really used it how safe is it Does the return home work correctly with p4 I'm wondering if I give litchie a try with p4 will it stop this problem with my gimble looking at the landing gear .thanks
I use Litchi probably 95% of the time. As long as you double check all your settings it seems to be a much more stable platform than the DJI Go app. I have never had any issues while using it.

Just FYI, I do not have the latest firmware installed and I get that restricted flight message too. I ignore it and fly normally. I tried logging out of the app, my DJI account and rebooting and sign on again but it still shows up.

I did just that and what happened was The Flight Restriction kept the phantom from coming BACK to me. There was like an invisible wall between it and me and it was about 50 yards away. I finally had to land it and all was fine but if it was over a canyon or water I would have lost it.

If it happens again I’ll try the logging-out/in routine.

Firmware is not intended to manage GET OUT of restricted area. This looks not an easy one as need to assess EXIT path whilst not supposed to fly within restricted area.

Thinking about soccer match where intrusive person must get out. That would be the priority anyway.

I got back from Fiji last week and have downloaded the flight record - thanks for the info on how to do this. Hopefully someone can take a look at this and provide some insights on what happened. The last pictures transmitted show it straight off in the middle of the bay ~267 M out and ~158 M high. I brought the drone straight down to about 58 M high when I received the message from the DJI Go app that the drone was disconnected. The flight record is attached below. Thanks.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-10-06_[19-19-09].txt
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 276
I got back from Fiji last week and have downloaded the flight record - thanks for the info on how to do this. Hopefully someone can take a look at this and provide some insights on what happened. The last pictures transmitted show it straight off in the middle of the bay ~267 M out and ~158 M high. I brought the drone straight down to about 58 M high when I received the message from the DJI Go app that the drone was disconnected. The flight record is attached below. Thanks.
The flight log doesn't show much that would be a red flag, but looking at the altitude there is something of interest.
The VPS system only has a range of about 30 feet and at heights above that it reads zero.
But you have something showing for VPS altitude for most of the flight, even 2-300 feet up.
Did you by any chance have a gimbal guard fitted ... in a position where it may have partially blocked the downward looking VPS sensors?

78E5113D-67B4-4F2E-BD98-6D6DEEC65D8A.jpeg
EF065DAF-1836-4AC9-9E9C-C47D0262A8BF.jpeg
The flight log doesn't show much that would be a red flag, but looking at the altitude there is something of interest.
The VPS system only has a range of about 30 feet and at heights above that it reads zero.
But you have something showing for VPS altitude for most of the flight, even 2-300 feet up.
Did you by any chance have a gimbal guard fitted ... in a position where it may have partially blocked the downward looking VPS sensors?
Hi,
The gimble guard was off. I actually adjusted the gimble in flight to get better pictures of the beach.
My theory is there was a catastrophic failture, perhaps the power system where everybody by shut down at once. Could the VPS system indicator be an indicator something going wrong inside? Here are a couple of the last pics that were taken. As you can see it was right in the middle of the bay.

The gimble guard was off. I actually adjusted the gimble in flight to get better pictures of the beach.
My theory is there was a catastrophic failture, perhaps the power system where everybody by shut down at once. Could the VPS system indicator be an indicator something going wrong inside? Here are a couple of the last pics that were taken. As you can see it was right in the middle of the bay.
I don't mean the gimbal lock that keeps the gimbal immobilised during transport.
I meant one of those plates that some people fit between the landing gear, hoping it will somehow give protection in a crash
Your VPS is seeing something down below the VPS sensors and that is likely related to the loss of the Phantom.

I don't mean the gimbal lock that keeps the gimbal immobilised during transport.
I meant one of those plates that some people fit between the landing gear, hoping it will somehow give protection in a crash
Your VPS is seeing something down below the VPS sensors and that is likely related to the loss of the Phantom.
I see what you mean. The Phantom was completely stock, so no add ons. There are no large predatory birds in Fiji nor did a see any flying around. I guess this one will remain a mystery.

Last edited:
Hi Damo your camera problem is a known issue, there is a work around use Pal 1080p not ntsc this will stop the gimbal going limp while flying we are still waiting for a fix from DJi for this and all the other issues, its getting to be a bit of a joke.

Hope this helps with your issue

I’ll do that when I get back to the states. Maybe it will help someone. Either way I’m done with DJI and probably droning. These things are too expensive to replace when they fail.

Too late for the one you lost, but don't let the risk of future loss scare you away from the hobby. State Farm offers insurance for $60/yr to cover all losses... obviously, if you had a flight log you could use to get DJI to replace this one, that would be preferred. Just wanted to suggest you look into the insurance option before giving up on the hobby entirely. We covered ours prior to my son taking it to Brazil and it gave us great peace-of-mind ... had he lost it in the Amazon or in the jungle, there would clearly be no retrieving it. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka