Weak video signal, NEW problem, P3P.

Reaction score
Well, "Pilots", I have searched and searched the forum for the answer to this puzzling problem with my P3P test drone. I have used it for a year or so, to test camera function. A few months ago, it started to give me problems when I move the drone. As soon as I touch the drone, the video pixilates, stops and turns black & white. I set it back down and a few seconds later the video comes back to color and motion. I take the same camera and put it on my P3A and have no issues. I put another camera that I know is good and have the same problem. I swap R/C units and have the same issue. Gimbal motion is good. Recently the video is gone, so I replaced the wifi unit under the positioning module and got video back, but still have the old problem. I have even deleted the DJI Go app and reinstalled it with no change. I even downgraded the R/C app version to 1.6, no change. I have the same issue with my Samsung tablet as I do with my Samsung S5. I have the DJI Go app for the P3's in the S5 and the P4 app in the tablet. I had issues with having both apps in both devices. The P4 app kept overriding the P3 app. when using a P3P camera. I replaced the main board in this P3P a long time ago and have had no issues. Motors run, thumbwheel works, as do all the R/C functions. It has never been an R/C signal issue, just video. I test on the same bench in the same location. The signal strength bars in the app are weak, (short red), unlike the signal strength in the Advance, which has long blue and green.

So, what am I overlooking? Is there some other electronic function on the main board of the drone that effects the video signal? Has anybody had this issue before? I can fix it if I new what was wrong.

Thanks in advance!
Jim

Not saying this will work for you, but I had a similar issue with a brand new camera on my P3P. "Weak image transmission signal" Believe it or not, I read somewhere on these forums that I should try a different cable between the controller and the tablet. I changed cables and immediately got good range again. Still don't know why. I am using an Ipad, so it uses a lightning cable. Not the same cable for a Samsung, but could be the issue still.

Reactions: crash1sttime
I'll give that a try. I have a Samsung S5, that takes a different cable end than the Samsung tablet I have. I have experienced issues before with a black power cable that wouldn't produce an image at all, until I switched to the white cable. I have the DJI Go app for the non P4 version, on the S5 and the P4 app on the tablet. I'll switch and see if it makes any difference and let you know.
Thanks Great Lakes,
Jim

Not saying this will work for you, but I had a similar issue with a brand new camera on my P3P. "Weak image transmission signal" Believe it or not, I read somewhere on these forums that I should try a different cable between the controller and the tablet. I changed cables and immediately got good range again. Still don't know why. I am using an Ipad, so it uses a lightning cable. Not the same cable for a Samsung, but could be the issue still.

I changed to the tablet and had to download the regular DJI Go app. This did not change the problem. STILL a mystery.

Jim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl