Weak sig. warning with Full Bars?

Reaction score
I've been battling trying to get longer Range with my P3S but I'm not starting this thread directly for that purpose (not looking for suggestions to extend Range)...

My QUESTION is:
Has anyone ever seen this before = Weak/Lost signal warning when the RC still shows FULL Bars or only down 1-Bar like in these pictures???
(notice that WiFi DOES have less bars = makes sense that I also got Weak WiFi warning at the same distance)...
Pretty much all the videos I've seen show "steady loss of bars" before getting weak/lost Signal so this doesn't make sense to me...

This has happened while trying at least three different Softwares from 2.8.3 up through 3.0 and now using 3.1.3...
Original Firmware was 1.2.4 for most of my 100+ Flights (was afraid to upgrade after seeing some people's P3S Bricked when they tried upgrading) but I DID upgrade to 1.8.10 (with no issues) yesterday after installing 3.1.3...

Last detail: YES I am pointing the RC at the AC (and aiming/moving it to keep Signal strongest)...

Alfa-Test.jpg
Alfa-Test-1.jpg
So again, has anyone ever seen Weak/Lost Signal with FULL BARS showing???

I know you said "YES I am pointing the RC at the AC (and aiming/moving it to keep Signal strongest).", but also know that the flat sides of the antenna's need to point at the aircraft, not the tips. If you point the tips of the antenna towards the AC, you're actually aiming the flat sides at the ground.

Also, if that is "Image transmission signal weak", (I can't really tell from the photos) it is not the same as losing your controller connection. The controller connection may be your "full bars", but "image transmission can still be weak. If you lose your controller connection, Return to home should kick in.

Otherwise, I got nuthin! :)

Last edited:
Thank you the reply Great_Lakes...
I did already knew all of that :)
Here's my Ant. Install...
I have rotated the WiFi different ways (up, out and down) but "always keep Flat towards the P3" ;)

Attachments

• AlfaAnt-3.jpg
    AlfaAnt-3.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 367
Reactions: Great_Lakes

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member